• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

vaderjeff1744's Sith Acolyte Build

vaderjeff1744

Hi all. Been lurking around here for quite some time. Some of you may know me from some of the posts & pics of my son's Lord Starkiller costume that's been an ongoing work in progress for the last few years. I thought I'd start a thread here to log the progress on my latest build, a Sith Acolyte from TOR. Currently, I've just gotten started on this build, even though I've been in the planning & gathering stages for quite some time. I obtained 2 different Acolyte masks from different makers on here, (Mynock & slave1pilot - aka Anchorhead Outpost). I'm thinking about doing both the basic Acolyte, as well as Lord Adraas, since the only major difference seems to be the mask. I've got one of Mynock's pre-painted basic Acolyte mask, which is nice, & QUITE DURABLE I might add! So far my only real serious progress is with the Lord Adraas mask, which I obtained from Anchorhead Outpost. I finally sat down last weekend and painted & weathered the mask. I have yet to decide how I'm going to mount the elastic strap to hold the mask to my face, but I think the paint job at least turned out quite well. I'll include some pics here of the mask as it stands right now. Enjoy the pics!

JeffAcolyteMask1.jpg

JeffAcolyteMask2.jpg

JeffAcolyteMask3.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

I've also obtained the gloves that quite a few have been using for their builds. I picked them up from Home Depot. I don't have pics yet, but I'm also working on a custom saber for this costume. The basis for my saber is Ultrasabers rather Sithy looking War Glaive, for those who are familiar, with some other TCSS parts added. I'm adding my own soundboard, a Petit Crouton, as well. My armor will be made from EVA foam, which I recently picked up in several thicknesses. I plan on using Modge Podge to seal the foam, & then use Smooth-Cast 65D liquid plastic to give the armor a nice plastic coating that can be painted & weathered without worry that it will look like foam. I'm also in the planning stages with my local seamstress to get started on the hooded robe, so hopefully that will be underway shortly! Hopefully work on the armor will begin within the next week or so, if all goes well! It's sometimes hard to find time to devote to these projects! Everyday life seems to have a way of getting in the way at times! :? Hopefully I will get there sooner rather than later, but money & time seem to have a way of dictating how fast or slow this process works! More progress & pics to come! 8)

It's sometimes hard to find time to devote to these projects! Everyday life seems to have a way of getting in the way at times! :? Hopefully I will get there sooner rather than later, but money & time seem to have a way of dictating how fast or slow this process works!

Quoted for truth!

The mask looks very nice. It's definitely a good start for the project.

Pam :-)

Okay, I must say that I am drooling at that mask. It looks amazing. Color me impressed.

I am curious as to your use of the foam and the plastic. Definitely post some pics and let us know how well it works. I have some HALO costume friends who might be interested in that method.

Okay, I must say that I am drooling at that mask. It looks amazing. Color me impressed.

I am curious as to your use of the foam and the plastic. Definitely post some pics and let us know how well it works. I have some HALO costume friends who might be interested in that method.

Glad you like it so far! I'll definitely post pics once I get the armor done. As far as the process I'm talking about with the foam, I found out about this technique on the RPF. The guy who posted about this there has a link that he shared in his thread. ANYONE interested in using EVA foam for costume armor SHOULD DEFINITELY CHECK THIS LINK OUT! There's even a link to a youtube video that shows the process on this link. Here it is. ENJOY! 8)http://www.xrobots.co.uk/coating/