• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Midwest's Darth Talon!

Guest Kaieta

Hi! I love your bat-movil :))

have any reference image where the head piece as very aged look? please post here I want see it :D

Encouragement! :tkdance:

Well part of it was comparing the coloring style on the headpiece and the armor, I dug out a few of Jan's sketches from the public portion of her fb page and there is crosshatching like on the belt (and totally felt like a stalker doing it) which I interpreted as aging. Figured going back to the sketches/ink washes was the best since the colored versions are always denoted as not 'perfect' references). Along with War Issue: 3 cover which was the best I could find to get the proper curvature in front. Seriously been working on this thing for like a month it hates me

Update on armor: so I just got first round of pictures from the smith making my armor, its real rolled steel!

EDIT: Image does not want to upload WTF, uploaded to my server

1529687_10202444711371767_1910199110_o.jpg

Working on the boots today, the base shoe has been re-covered (needs clean up) and the shaft of the boot made, there will be a leatherette 'sock' portion that connects the two that is made from a different material to help with wear and tear (ankles on my boots tend to take a beating because of posing). The shaft portion is also a separate piece since I wanted it to be zipper free. Had to slow down a bit due to working on 2 costumes at once I'm also making a Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon costume...there may have been some Lekku and Sailor Uniform Shenanigans...

boots.jpg

Guest Kaieta

It's coming together!!! Here is the images sent by my smithy, should be in my hands this weekend! (hand armor not shown, all rolled steel)

I want see a twi'lek sailor jupiter!! :))

Warning, the leather strips see it brown in the photo! Maybe is the flash?

Encourage! The final is near!

Make a lot of test of makeup and tattoos