• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Star Wars Weekends

Guest kimballk

Guest kimballk

Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios here in Florida is rapidly approaching.

Is there anyone planning on attending? Currently the "Theme days" are being planned... Maybe, if there's enough people we could do a EU day.

Kevin

I was wondering, do Star Wars days only take place at Disney World in Florida, or do they also happen at Disney Land in California?

I've never been but have always wanted to go.

Guest kimballk

As far as I know Star Wars Weekends is only here in Florida.

I think they have something similar at Disneyland, but it's not even close in scope.

Even though I live in Central Florida, I would put SWW on my trooping bucket list, same as Celebration, SDCC and DragonCon.

I see. I was curious as I am visiting California this summer for a whole week and we are planning what day to go to Disneyland, hehe.

California's Disneyland has an "unofficial Star Wars day" every year, but it's not at all like Star Wars Weekends in Florida. It's just Star Wars fans all going to the park on the same day, and taking a big group picture in front of the castle. Scott and I attended once, and it wasn't much different from any other day at the park. Most of the people who attended were focused on spending time with their own groups, and aside from a "hello" in passing when we spotted someone in a Star Wars shirt, nobody really talked to those outside their own groups. Everyone assembled for the picture, snapped it really fast because the group was blocking the sidewalk, and dispersed again. That's about it, and I found it disappointing. Guess I had expected something more!

Pam :-)

Guest kimballk

I was under the impression that the LEGOLAND troop out there was the bigger event. (Disney squashed us doing anything with FL LEGOLAND.)

I'll tell you, looking at the videos, the SWW parade is impressive. The theme days are awesome. TIE Pilot day last year we had 13 pilots lined up and were called out by the announcer. (they had almost 30 Jawas/Tuskens for Tatooine day)

Though it's not all chocolate and roses... there are a lot of downsides as well. A number of restrictions and then there's the getting your costume re-approved every year for the parades.

Guest kimballk

SWW starts this weekend. I'll try to get pictures. Even though there are some costumes we can't do (Disney uses their own people) we typically have a decent EU showing.

Kevin