• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Transporting Lekku

Guest Duck

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how other Twi'leks transport their Lekku? I have Twi'lek Pam latex ones and currently transport them in a monster cardboard box. It was suggested that I find a vetter way lol :wink:

Hi,

When I'm heading to a local event I carry my lekku in a large pillowcase, mainly to keep them clean. When I'm traveling with them over longer distances I put them in my suitcase, with the head of the lekku near the handle so they're at the top of the suitcase, and I tuck my clothes around the headpiece to keep it in place. They've traveled back and forth across the country quite a few times that way, and they're in better shape than my poor beat-up suitcase at this point!

To store the lekku, I put them in a big cardboard box with a layer of pillow stuffing on the bottom to protect the rounded shape of the lekku, and I put a handful of pillow stuffing in the head area as well, just to protect the forehead area from folding over due to gravity and getting a crease.

Pam :-)

My rigid suitcase has a partition on the top side which I keep zipped up so that the lekku don't shake about too much- it puts tension on the head part. Then I put the lekku with a wig head inside the "bottom" half where the handle slides in to (I cut the neck off because it's not needed for transport or storage of the lekku). If I am careful (I have extra long lekku) I can put the head in the top right corner and curl the lekku around the top down the left side and across the bottom. There are creases that form but they usually fall out overnight- the first thing I do when arriving at a convention is take the lekku out and put them on a wig head clamp. The creases are also on the inside which is where folds naturally occur in a curved tentacle.

My suitcase also came with a drawstring bag for the bottom half as the objects in that half can move around and spill out if security open the suitcase upside down. I put my lekku in that and fold the extra fabric in between the two tentacles so that they don't stick to each other from the paint.

And yeah I use my costume parts to fill in the space of the C the lekku form. I can get a photo if it helps :) I have a photo of my Togruta headpiece folded up to fit. It's really not pretty ;) Which is why I didn't wear my Shaak Ti to D*C or C6 :)