• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mini Me Sith build

Thalizar

Hello everyone,

Since I started my build my 9 year old daughter wanted to be one as well. She is currently a Jawa in the Galactic Academy.

So I picked some supplies and started to do some work. I started by using some thicker For Sale signs and different thickness crafting foam. I cut the signs to my daughther's body size and then used a heatgun to form the plastic around her to give it shape. I did the same process to make the cod piece.

Breastplate_zpsad201a0d.jpg

After I got the desired shape I cut the foam and used adhesive spray to attach them to the breastplate.

breastplate1_zpsd8027354.jpg

I then gave it a plastic black prime coat then a coat of gunmetal. Which I will highlight.

Breastplate3_zps6c4aeaab.jpg

Breastplate2_zps32d9604d.jpg

The cloak is in the works and I will paint the sleeves. What I plan on doing for the shoes is to get some slip on shoes and again using thin craft foam cut out patterns to simulate armor and then paint the shoe in the same shade of gunmetal.I made the buckle out of foam and plan on using silver strapping that I have to make the belt, I will carve a cannister for her and she can use one of my extra pouches. Hoping to acquire one of Wolfgangs small Acolyte masks to finish of the build.

Alittle more work done, I think I'll finish her build before mine. :P

Finished the cod piece, attached the belt which is a silver strapping material, I then used a backpack clasp to fasten the belt in the back. I used an extra pouch I had for her build, the cannister is mine, I still need to make her a scaled down version.

FinishCodPiece_zps082af5db.jpg

BeltConnection_zps63eb8b04.jpg

This is her first test fit, she was pretty excited.

PaigeTestFit_zps4f299261.jpg

Started on the gauntlets. Again I used a No Parking sign since it was made of a thicker plastic. I formed it to her forarms then used a heatgun to shape it. I'm using industrial strength velcro to close the clamshell. I used a thicker craft foam to simulate some heavy armor running down the forarms, I will cut out small plates out of thinner foam to make the gauntlets have an armored look.

Gauntlets1_zps83c69403.jpg

Gauntlets_zps5af54e95.jpg

Great stuff, just awesome seeing your devotion to your kiddie.

Right now me and my daughter are in the middle of building her a Hitgirl costume for the upcoming Expo her in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

I have my Acolyte and Revan but would like to make both of us Mandalorian costumes. That way I could make hers colorful and cute just like she is.

I definitely wouldn't mind a big daddy costume, time is tight for this expo though. Maybe Halloween would be a better date for that, I work away and have my lil babe 50% of the time so we'll make it happen.

Can't wait to see the Mini Acolyte, it's a great idea and one I'm definitely considering. Keep up the amazing parenting from one dad to another.

Some more work done on her build.

Balaclava.

Balaclava_zps48a27ce4.jpg

Gloves. I will make the coffin armor and back plate out of ABS and the claws out of foam.

Gloves_zps19c7bee1.jpg

I decided to use soccer shin armor for the shin armor. I figured instead of doing a clamshell on her I would just do the front for better mobility.

Shins_zps9ee07f4c.jpg

Shins1_zps8bea142c.jpg

For the shoes I wanted slip on shoes with no laces or Velcro to deal with. Also this would allow her to put on and take of the shoes much easier.

Shoes0_zpsc8a7b12f.jpg

Shoes_zpsd04b964b.jpg

Shoes1_zps8e1921c3.jpg

The shoes look much more silver in person. I did get more signs so I will start to get her thighs figured out and completed.

Very cool idea, I am a fan of the Academy, even though I don't have any kids (yet). My mom always did neat costumes for me, neat to see other parents doing it too. Please keep posting awesome pics!

Still plugging away at the build.

Did a small version of the side canister. I will sink the nut flush after I finish sanding the canister so it will match the larger version.

CannisterSmall_zps4401ef16.jpg

CannisterSmall1_zpsb37b8cb6.jpg

I made her shoulder bells out of an empty Mt. Dew 2 liter bottle. I used the natural curve of the spout area to make the bells. I then reinforced the bells by using plastic strips on the inside and then to finish it of I cut strips of foam to place around the outer edge of the bells to give it that molded look.

Shoulderbells0_zps7fbefcfa.jpg

ShoulderBells_zpsb5206661.jpg

ShoulderBells1_zpsc4349475.jpg

ShoulderBells2_zpse6a0693a.jpg

Shoulderbell_zpsdc4fc40e.jpg

shoulderBells3_zps2a9055bb.jpg

Some more test fits.

TestFit1_zps0ef832b5.jpg

TestFit2_zps9437b241.jpg

Worked on her gloves and got them done, next project will be to get her thigh armor built.

Made the hard armor out of ABS and then the claws out of craft foam.

glovearmor1_zpsec5263b3.jpg

glovearmor_zps7534386d.jpg

Gloves2_zpsdd5b0241.jpg

Been busy as of late, have not had much time to get much done, plus it's warming up so I had to get the cycle out. :D

Got quite a bit more done.

So I made the thighs the same way I did the gauntlets. Used a thicker No Parking sign and again used craft foam to form the armor plates. I did a rough outline to show where the plates should go.

Thighs2_zpsb0eaeb31.jpg

Thighs1_zps4b104c48.jpg

Thighs_zps5907135d.jpg

I made her abdominal plate out of some faux leather, I cut it into the shape I needed and I attached it to the chest plate and cod piece using industrial strength Velcro. I also added ab armor plates using craft foam.

ArmorClose_zpsd22f62b2.jpg

Some close to finish shots. I cut the cloak sleeves down so they fall just below the elbow and hemmed them. They are not painted yet in the pictures. I did pick up some Tulip brand fabric paint from Michaels and painted the sleeves, they are drying on the table. Looks like the paint worked very well.

Dress2_zps04bad6af.jpg

DressClose_zps2f460535.jpg

I'll post some pics of the finished painted cloak when it has dried. Now just for her mask from Wolfgang and it will be finished. Now on to her next costume. :D

OfficerPaige_zps7df393e6.jpg

Guest Toddo

Superb work. I am sure that I'll have approved her on both costumes for the Galactic Academy before this detachment makes the Acolyte approve-able again for the Legion. I look forward to it as her costumes will make the Academy proud.

Well her costume is finished. I'm happy with how the stripes turned out. Her first troop in this costume will be this weekend. :D

Done_zps7ca58f1b.jpg

Done3_zps450b1cef.jpg

Done2_zpsddfed7d3.jpg

Done1_zps3422e4d0.jpg

Her Jawa.

SAM_0270_zps80c13614.jpg

And my wonderful daughter and I.

paigeandI_zpsf4833ce8.jpg

Hope everyone liked the pics as much as I enjoyed building it.