• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth revan lightsaber ( need help !!! )

Lord Atrocity

Guest Kilryth

There's obviously two different types of hilts:

the KOTOR hilt that every character uses in-game. Has a brass emitter and pommel (with the pommel more hexagonal/rounded)

The "Sith Revan Hilt" in the Encyclopedia, Jedi Vs Sith, and Wookiepedia. Has a similar emitter but a very different pommel - dark gray in color and similar to the Ahsoka Tato pommel (a smaller version of the Obi-Wan TPM pommel). This is supposably used in the cinematics of KOTOR, but it's hard for me to tell.

Should the CRL's be modified to accept both styles, or be left alone to only include the general KOTOR version? Both styles are being made by forum users over at FX-Sabers.com for a good chunk of change, but very accurate. I'd hate for anyone (including myself) to drop $300 on an accurate hilt, only to be disappointed by it not being approved by 501st.

I'm in the market for one of these two styles of hilts now, so it would be good if I had a definite answer on whether the "Sith" style with dark pommel would be acceptable as part of CRL.

I'd hate for anyone (including myself) to drop $300 on an accurate hilt, only to be disappointed by it not being approved by 501st.

The lightsaber is listed option and not required. If you choose to have one it should probably be as close to accurate as possible, from one of the images you've referenced.

Ultimately close is the best we're asking at this point and the desire to make it as close to accurate as possible is the intent, but we don't approve Revan's based on the lightsaber so I simply wouldn't include it for application.

In a 'worst-case' setup there's realistically nothing but another person/an individual stopping you from wielding a Darth Vader saber while wearing a Revan.

Use your best judgement, use the images we know to be the best possible (Wookiepedia has the best sourcing right off the hip) and get something nice.

In a 'worst-case' setup there's realistically nothing but another person/an individual stopping you from wielding a Darth Vader saber while wearing a Revan.

To piggyback off of what Tagion is saying, My garrison would not allow me to troop Revan with a Vader saber. I do have a saber that looks LOOSELY similar to Revans Saber. They do allow me to use that. I did not submit that with my Revan submission. I am however building a new saber that will be closer to canon once TCSS gets their powder coating service started again.

Each Garrison will be different and the best idea would be to ask.

Guest Kilryth

To piggyback off of what Tagion is saying, My garrison would not allow me to troop Revan with a Vader saber. I do have a saber that looks LOOSELY similar to Revans Saber. They do allow me to use that. I did not submit that with my Revan submission. I am however building a new saber that will be closer to canon once TCSS gets their powder coating service started again.

Each Garrison will be different and the best idea would be to ask.

Great thank you guys! :)

my saber has been shipped, i should be getting her within the next few days, as soon as that happens i will be posting as many pics as requested ( im stoked ! lol )

Grats, I'm now on the actual build-list for Calvary. I made a change to the pommel I was originally quoted, and apparently my emitter is getting custom machined. Should be a good piece overall.

Since you don't need it for approval, I'm holding off on mine until Christmas or something... The costume itself is gutting my wallet as it is! Lol. I also want one done properly, with the sound and everything. I'm mixing and matching parts from UltraSabers and TCSS, so research into how to actually build one is going to be substantial because I'm going to have to buy the parts separately. I'm pretty good with electronics, though, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Since you don't need it for approval, I'm holding off on mine until Christmas or something... The costume itself is gutting my wallet as it is! Lol. I also want one done properly, with the sound and everything. I'm mixing and matching parts from UltraSabers and TCSS, so research into how to actually build one is going to be substantial because I'm going to have to buy the parts separately. I'm pretty good with electronics, though, so it shouldn't be too bad.

The ones I use aren't bladed and are the generic Kotor ones that Rob offers. Frankly while they're cool and all, often times I like having both hands free, and with nowhere to hang them, a handler gets stuck with them if I need my hands.

The ones I use aren't bladed and are the generic Kotor ones that Rob offers. Frankly while they're cool and all, often times I like having both hands free, and with nowhere to hang them, a handler gets stuck with them if I need my hands.

I want one for photoshoots and carrying around at cons/fair events, but that's about it. I can't imagine lugging it around on a regular basis at a troop.

How much are the generic KotOR ones, if I may ask? Dummy ones to hang off the cuirass would probably be a nice touch.

I don't like listing prices in public spots if I can avoid it, so I'll PM ya. What I did for my profile shot actually was take a white dowel rod sticking out about 6 inches from the end (so it went all the way in and had six left over) I had the rod painted white and when my photographer went into editing he could see where the blades needed to go. Just as a trick.

I don't like listing prices in public spots if I can avoid it, so I'll PM ya. What I did for my profile shot actually was take a white dowel rod sticking out about 6 inches from the end (so it went all the way in and had six left over) I had the rod painted white and when my photographer went into editing he could see where the blades needed to go. Just as a trick.

Thanks! That's perfectly fine, I feel the same way about that kind of stuff. (Got the PM, btw.)