• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

2013, the Flagship Edition

Twi'lek Pam

Hi everyone,

I've been putting in a lot of time behind the scenes lately, but I wanted to give an update on some of the changes and plans that are in the works.

First off, I would like to thank and congratulate our XO for this year, Kevin, who goes by kimballk here on the forum. He has been serving as the detachment's membership officer of late, and will be adding another job to his duties. Thanks, Kevin!

Katie/Aysel has agreed to stay on as one of our costume mentors, and she will be managing the detachment's facebook stuff as well.

Michael/ionicdesign has agreed to help us out as webmaster when emergencies arise. He's got a lot of jobs across the legion and can't work here full time, but he's been a big help here on Flagship. If anyone else has plenty of experience with phpBB forums, or knows someone who is willing to help out, please let me know. It's always nice to have a backup plan when things go wrong!

Some of my top goals for the coming weeks include:

- Create a new reference image gallery. Our current gallery crashed almost a year ago, and multiple attempts to bring it back to life haven't worked. It's been heavily modified over the years, it's quite old, and I think it's just so outdated that it's better to start over from scratch with a clean, updated gallery. We cannot add any new images, but we CAN still view images in the old gallery, so I'll leave it in place so the links all over the forum will still work. Along with moving the images to a new gallery, I'm also hoping to collect more reference images for some of the characters who don't have many references yet.

- Update the "Links and Info" threads across the forum. Some of them are outdated, and none have been created at all for some of the newer characters yet. I think they're useful, and need some TLC.

- Keep working on the CRL. It's a neverending job, but we're making great progress.

- Organize a run of t-shirts.

- When somebody posts a question or request on the forum, make sure it gets answered!

- Update the detachment's roster at the local and legion level to stay up to date with the legion's requirements.

- Create a forum and start discussions about Savage Opress. The character has been a hot potato, and after being tossed back and forth between Flagship and the Sith Lords detachment for some time, he has finally landed here. We're going to represent him, so it's time to make him a home!

- Makes sure our standards threads match the legion posted standards, and include links to the main site, since it has pdf capabilities.

And, there's plenty more.... but that's a good start!

Pam :-)

If you need help with anything, I have more free time now that my big move is pretty much over. I do have my Web Developer certificate, I'm not that skilled at programming, but I can do some basic web stuff if needed. I mainly focus on web design rather then dev stuff now. I can help with a new gallery if you need one.

Cheers,

Nef