• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Kade's Darth Revan

Kade

I've been looking at doing this costume for some time now and it's finally happening :)

I had intended to do it about this time last year but then our hot water system died and the money I had put aside for the costume went on replacing it :( but at least we had hot water for the winter.

So late last year I managed to get a hold of Rob from MyWickedArmour and place my order and it arrived just over a week ago now.

The soft parts are all piled together on top of the box and include: Hood and Capelet, Cloak, 2 Sashes and the Hakama.

BoxOpen.jpg

Kit.jpg

So, I pretty much have the entire costume here although of course I'm going to have to do a small amount of assembly and of course make sure everything fits correctly and make a few small upgrades.

In addition to the kit from Rob I purchased a few additional items.

These will also work nicely for the TIE Pilot that I want to do down the track as well :)

Boots.jpg

High collared shirt, needs to have a line of piping sewn across the chest but I need to fit the armour first to position it correctly.

Shirt.jpg

And a very nice pair of Italian leather gloves which my lovely partner bought for me during her trip to Europe last year.

Gloves.jpg

I also bought some clasps to replace the rings on the chest armour.

Clasps2.jpg

I also had purchased a balaclava but after a quick test fitting with the mask I realised that the fit is not as good as it should be and some skin remains uncovered so I am going to have to go shopping again for something better.

The kit is mostly set up with velcro straps and I intend to change that out for snaps or maybe magnets but I will use the velcro initially to get the fitting correct.

After having the kit sitting in my room for a week the weather finally cooled down somewhat allowing me to do a test fitting on the weekend

RevanFront01.jpg

It's just held on with the standard straps and velcro at the moment but now that I have things positioned correctly I can start upgrading bits and pieces as required.

The cowl isn't sitting right just at the moment and I still have to attach it to the chestplate correctly as well as add the line of piping across the chest of the shirt.

And I completely forgot to put the handguards on :roll:

But as a starting point I'm pretty pleased with it :)

And of course I couldn't resist breaking out the lightsaber :D

Pose2.jpg

I'd clean up the right shoulder a little, otherwise you already know what needs fixing. Looks good!

If you find a good way to make the hood/shoulders easy to get right, by yourself let me know, it is my least favorite piece of the costume.

I'd clean up the right shoulder a little, otherwise you already know what needs fixing. Looks good!

If you find a good way to make the hood/shoulders easy to get right, by yourself let me know, it is my least favorite piece of the costume.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get my head around how to do the hood/shoulders myself. If I come up with something clever I'll post it here.

Just a small update for now. Last night I replaced the rings along the bottom of the armour with some more substantial looking ones, thanks to Darth Brute for that suggestion :)

Rings3.jpg

Just to let you know, those stitching on the cowl will fall out. I pretty much guarantee it. I sewed the pleats in. You can't even see the stitching. You have to sew it from underneath, in the middle of the fold so as to not ruin the look. My mother in law sewed one of the pleats (my sewing machine is broken) in the front. You can't see it unless you are up close. So I am going to shoot for it.

For the line across the chest I picked up some black cloth similar to the material of my shirt and some parachute cord. I am going to tear a hole in the seam of the sleeves of the shirt. Take the parachute cord measure out one inch past the width of my chest (to the seam tears) on each end. Wrap the parachute cord in the cloth, cut so I have about 1/4" over hanging past the cord. Use some wash out sticky to hold the cloth wrapped around the cord and also to the shirt. Insert ends into seam tears, sew it to the shirt, use a razor to trim off excess cloth, leaving only the sewed line. Parachute cord will act as the line and can be seen very easily. Once I get this started I will post more pics.

Also I hand sewed on some velcro to the inside of the cowl seam and to the straps for the chest piece. Looked pretty good with a self pic but you know how this thing moves. Everytime I picked up my phone it moved out of place. Doing a troop tomorrow and this will be the third wear test. I will get some pictures taken and show everyone.

Please do Hashbrown. I've ironed my pleats on a few occassions, but am lazy so I will likely do that, and perhaps some liquid stitch used on men's trousers, had Men's Wearhouse do it last time I bought some pants.

Alright as soon as I get the HQ ones I will upload them to my Google Albums and link it on my thread. Boy am I going to be doing more to this thing.

New tip....Hot Glue + Sun = Cape falls down. Luckily it happened at the end of the 6 hour troop. Epoxy then hot glue for security. Stay posted to my thread I will be possibly adding a FEW new modifications for comfort/wearability.

Oh yea if you need a good winter shirt for Revan I can get you one. It is real warm.

Guest kimballk
Alright as soon as I get the HQ ones I will upload them to my Google Albums and link it on my thread. Boy am I going to be doing more to this thing.

New tip....Hot Glue + Sun = Cape falls down. Luckily it happened at the end of the 6 hour troop. Epoxy then hot glue for security. Stay posted to my thread I will be possibly adding a FEW new modifications for comfort/wearability.

Oh yea if you need a good winter shirt for Revan I can get you one. It is real warm.

Ya, something we've learned here in Florida Garrison is Hot Glue just doesn't work all that well. I've even had some epoxies let go in the heat down here. (something to keep in mind for anyone that has WDW Star Wars Weekends on their trooping "bucket list".)

Kevin

Well, I completed everything and submitted my approval pics and just got advised on the weekend that my Revan costume has been approved. Yay :D

Still working on some ideas to get the cape/hood to sit correctly to make things a little easier to get right at a troop, especially if there isn't a mirror available to check everything in.

Well, I completed everything and submitted my approval pics and just got advised on the weekend that my Revan costume has been approved. Yay :D

Still working on some ideas to get the cape/hood to sit correctly to make things a little easier to get right at a troop, especially if there isn't a mirror available to check everything in.

Please let us know if you do come up with something. Very congrats on your application!

.......Still working on some ideas to get the cape/hood to sit correctly to make things a little easier to get right at a troop, especially if there isn't a mirror available to check everything in.

Check out my post in my build thread. I got it figured out.