• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Acolyte in the works.

Thalizar

Hello all,

Been working a bit on my Acolyte in between my Galactic Marine build.

Received the fantastic helmet from Slave1 and neckseal from Wolfgang. The cloak is just a Holloween prop I had just to use for the pic. I do have a great cloak currently being made. So any pointers from the other Acolyte builders would be greatly appreciated.

Sith1_zps1d607e26.jpg

Thank you,

Dan

Thalizar

TK3967

I painted the mask myself. I have not had time to work on the back of the helmet yet. There was a crack in the back piece that I have to repair first. The test fit was a bit tight for my head. I may have to do some modification to have a better fit. For the moment I made a three point strap system like a hocky style mask. What I will do is to attach the front and back pieces together with elastic straps and be able to pull them apart to fit my head in and then the straps will pull the two parts together for a snug fit.

Dan

Even with the halt on the Sith Acolyte I'm still plugging away at my Lord Ardass. Some progress photos.

Getting some things done while I'm waiting for my armor to arrive. :D

Neckseal and mask with balaclava.

Closeup1_zps353c5324.jpg

Got my cloak, test fit, may need to bring it up a bit. Waiting to see how far it drapes when I get my boots.

DSCN0111_zps63088b7b.jpg

DSCN0112_zpsb2c86a6b.jpg

The sleeve stripes are painted.

DSCN0121_zps80addedf.jpg

The gloves I'm going to be using, light weight material, nice fit wit lycra material and padded palm.

Gloves_zps2e0f2796.jpg

Finger armor with the side cannister, still need to get some pouches for the belt.

Cannister_zps823e7f2b.jpg

Worked on the gloves a bit. They are black the flash make them look blue.

gloves1_zpsc3c939ae.jpg

gloves2_zps6dcb25b1.jpg

Managed to find these great pouches, these should work nicely.

BeltPouch_zps6bbd13cd.jpg

Guest kimballk

Looking REALLY good. One small comment, for the submission version, make sure we can't see any of the logo's on the gloves.

Kevin

I ran into the pouches purely out of luck. it was a sleepless night thinking of my build and I decided to see how hard it would be to find small black leather pouches. Harder then I thought, after about two hours of looking all over the web I tried Ebay and happen to see these listed. They are old Voight shotgun shell holders for you belt, they were made to hold five shells each. After a bidding war with another bidder I managed to get them. The only thing I found even close to useable pouches were double handcuff holders from tactical gear shops.

Worked on my belt cannister that I don't think anyone knows what it really is.

Instead of cutting out the belt loop area as suggested, I did not feel that the resin would be to solid with such a small amout of resin that would be left after I opened the gap to fit a belt through and I did not want to glue the cannister to my armor. So I decided to go a different route.

cannister4_zpsa8b0505d.jpg

I used a dremel and a sanding wheel and ground out the back of the belt clip area to make a groove that my belt clip would fit into.

cannister3_zpsc1be708e.jpg

I then test fitted my belt clip that I picked up from Tandy Leather, the clip fit into the groove nicely.

Cannister2_zps10635577.jpg

I taped of the groove, then gave the cannister a black primer coat then a coat of automotive paint. I chose automotive paint because it is a strong coat and also had a wide variety of silver shades. I chose a dark gunmetal silver, which I will then use my airbrush to highlight the armor. After the paint was dry I used a combination of CA glue and E6000 to secure the clip.

Cannister1_zps65959bd5.jpg

I ran into the pouches purely out of luck. it was a sleepless night thinking of my build and I decided to see how hard it would be to find small black leather pouches. Harder then I thought, after about two hours of looking all over the web I tried Ebay and happen to see these listed. They are old Voight shotgun shell holders for you belt, they were made to hold five shells each. After a bidding war with another bidder I managed to get them. The only thing I found even close to useable pouches were double handcuff holders from tactical gear shops.

Cool! Congrats for that!

I'm not satisfied with mine yet and still need to look around a bit more...

I then test fitted my belt clip that I picked up from Tandy Leather, the clip fit into the groove nicely.

Cannister2_zps10635577.jpg

Good job! You shouldn't loose that easily!