• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Acolyte in the works.

Thalizar

Guest sithacolyte92

Okay, this looks AMAZING! I am working on one of these bad boys myself for this year's Dragoncon. I'm almost done cutting and sanding the armor, and was wondering if you could tell me what type of paint you used for that fantastic metalic color on the armor. I have that exact same sith Acolyte mask, and I am worried that the paint that I am thinking of using for the rest of the armor won't match, and will be too dark... If you could let me know where I can find that color, I would greatly appreciate it!

What I did was first primed my armor pieces black. The actual metallic paint I used is from Auto Zone an automotive parts store. It's called Dupli-Color Perfect Match Ford color. The reason I went with auto paint is that it is fast drying, hard coat, and there are many options for metallic colors.

Guest DaedraKaragatzu

Wolfgang, I talked to you earlier about your amazing kit. You're totally asking a reasonable price, and it's just my bad I can't get hired here in Phoenix, Arizona :?.

This is such a great kit in fact, it's going to be hard replicating it via EVA foam (Which I have my own ideas on how to make sturdier).

GOSH DANGIT I JUST WISH I HAD THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS LAYING AROUND :twisted:

:?::!: hfddfhjDHFKFFOHfiedhoiffoj ffohoifhewoi fef :?::!:

Guest daennika

I love your costume. Very cool pictures you took of your full set without the robes!

About the cloak, it looks like the one presented in slave1pilot's blog. I might get that exact same one, the texture is surprisingly accurate to the cinematics.