• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starting Teh Darth Talon and need HELP!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi there......

I am starting to work on Darth Talon. I am looking to be approved for 501st. I found some boots and I'm curios if this will be good enough to use? You can fold the top over, but you can also wear it up. Please thro me som suggestions.

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Volatile-Wom ... bs_shoe_15

I've also have been thinking about how to do the Bikini Top! I thought about using a Strapless Bikini Top to use as a mold, well, I wanted to us it as an "underarmor", and sew the leather bits on top of it. I know that a Bikini top has the parts needed to keep the top up. If you have suggestions on how to make that part, please feel free to share. If you don't think that using a Black Bikini Top as a "Mold Type" Please let em know. I don't mind taking it back, or using it for Summer, haha......

Suggestions on a Airbrush would be helpful also. I've been browsing, but not sure what kind we should get.

I bought some boots similar to those and wound up cutting them down and putting leggings under them. They didn't go high enough, and they were a bit loose further up my leg. They may work, but it does say they are knee high not thigh high.

Hello

Check that the boot will get high on your thigh! Leggins are good idea and is good for approval

For the bikini top I'm doing a tutorial on my website, maybe can help you.

Browse around the forum, there are many ideas that can help you.

Regards and good luck :wink:

Guest Aysel
Hello

Check that the boot will get high on your thigh! Leggins are good idea and is good for approval

For the bikini top I'm doing a tutorial on my website, maybe can help you.

Browse around the forum, there are many ideas that can help you.

Regards and good luck :wink:

^^this, and do check out Okashi's tutorial website, she's done a lot of research into the construction of this character. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

Your site really helps as far as where to get things. I'm trying to figure out how to make the armor. Where did you get your Lacquered Aluminum? When I Google it brings up Lacquered Aluminum Foil. I know that can't be right. Your armor looks great, but if I can find the aluminum, I will have to go with the ABS plastic. Any suggestions on where to find those?

Also, I go my Lekku from Pam, it looks amazing, but I noticed in your photo that yours looks a lot longer than mine. Is there a requirement with length, and if so, is there any recommendation on what I can do to make mine longer?

My husband is 501st approved Storm Trooper, TK-9727, and has built some others......I can't wait to join him in the dark side. We are pretty excited about getting this done.

Thanks TXTwilek :wink:

I obtain the laquered aluminium here http://www.aticometal.info/ (in person, no online). Maybe you can ask in metalwork companies or metal craftsmen. laquered is "painted" with a lacquer paint style.

Almost everything I used was not online buy.

Yeah! Talon's lekkus are longer than normal twileks.

Pam has said many times in forums that their lekkus are short but, actally, the people that have to tell you if Pam's lekkus are good to Darth Talon approval are "stormtrooperguy" and "Aysel"

(Aysel, am I correct?)

To lengthen, look at the topic of "Acima's Darth Talon 2.0", Acima bought Pam's lekkus and lengthen with vinyl, is a good idea, but Acima never tried to approval for legion501 only did so to enjoy.

Luck!

Guest Aysel

Yes Okashi, your right, it's me that gives the LMO's input on EU costumes. If you use Pam's lekku you'll have to lengthen them, as Talon's are very long and I wouldn't approve a Talon with short lekku. Talon's long lekku is part of her signature look.

^_^ Katie