• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew (obviously), I am 32, I am a big fan of costuming, I really enjoy the creation process, I use Pepakura as I find it very relaxing and a lot of fun. So far I have created a few suits of armor, the latest being a Warhammer 40k helmet that I am working on for my friends birthday gift.

I usually have a few different suits going on at once, which I jump back and forth between. I have a full time job as a Paramedic, so I don't make any money off the items I create, I usually build for friends, or friends of friend, etc... and I charge strictly for parts, so in most cases it's under $50. I really enjoy helping people with their projects, offering thoughts, design ideas, PDO files, and such. I also appreciate criticism, different opinions, and thoughts on my own designs or ideas.

One strange fact, I actually do not own any costumes myself. It wasn't until last month that I finally talked my wife in allowing me to make myself a costume (she doesn't want to find it laying around the house, haha), she really doesn't get the whole Star Wars or costuming thing, she's never even seen the movies (GULP!).

I have two children, my eldest is a 3 year old boy, he is Star Wars crazy, makes me so proud. My youngest is an 11 day old baby girl.

This is her with Uncle Darth Vader, we took this yesterday:

429039_10150715308204309_505554308_9017156_1003503600_n.jpg

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all better!

Thanks,

Andrew

Actually, your wife just knew that once you get a costume for yourself, you'll need another, and another, and another.... she wasn't afraid of them laying around the house, she was afraid of them taking over the house! :-D

Welcome to the forum.

Pam :-)

Guest Sarah1968

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the forums.

My partner doesn't get what I'm doing either :mrgreen:

Congratulations on your new baba :D

Regards

Sarah.

Guest Aysel
Actually, your wife just knew that once you get a costume for yourself, you'll need another, and another, and another.... she wasn't afraid of them laying around the house, she was afraid of them taking over the house! :-D

Welcome to the forum.

Pam :-)

^^this, it's always this ^_^ and welcome to the forums

^_^ Katie