• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Body Armor Ventress ....initializing...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello Everyone. I'm Holly, I'm from Sydney Australia.

I went to a friends birthday(Doc Girlfriend on this forum) dressed as Ventress last year (Doc G was dressed as a TIE pilot) and there were some people from our local 501st there. Obviously we were immediately sucked into wanting to join the 501st.

Doctor Girlfriend just got her Darth Talon approved and now we are all excited to go to Supernova (comic convention) in our costumes, so I thought I better hurry up and get mine happening.

I was also excited that 501st has a no discrimination policy (I had seen them around before and so wanted to join) as I am in a wheelchair I thought I would not be allowed to join. For some reason a sith in a wheelchair seemed a little less crazy to me than a stormtrooper (they would probably just chuck a wounded clone out the door into space hahaha)

So here I am, I have already made my skirt as I had the fabric sitting around and it was the easiest bit and now I just wanted to get some feedback about the gloves, boots and armor before I start hacking up all my nice expensive materials.

So the gloves, it says: '* The dark gray or black gloves should reach to the elbows.

* The gloves may be detailed with three wide bands of black or dark gray leather or fabric.' The majority of the references I have been looking at show these at the top of the gloves like this pic I drew below and I think it looks coolest this way.

Do you people agree or do you think they should be evenly spaced down the glove?

Vent-glove.jpg

Also, do you think the boots should have the three straps at the top like these gloves or spaced evenly like the below pic.

Vent-boot.jpg

Ok last question. Are people happy with the shaping and number of sections for the armor here?

Vent-armor.jpg

thanks! Can't wait, so excited!

Guest Nihilus

Hi lycanthropica :)

Nice to meet you, I hail from Tassie.

I think it is wonderful how the 501st have a no discrimination policy, I also think it is great that you are going to do Asajj Ventress, she is an awesome character to pic.

I look forward to seeing updates on how you going with your costume. :D

With your gloves.. have the bands on them as you have done in your pic and I think the boots should match.

The body armour seems correct to me..

Others here at the site that have done Asajj Ventress will be more then happy to help you anyway they can.

Good luck with your costume

Shaun aka Nihilus

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Shaun aka Nihilus

I ONLY Just NOTICED THAT! Where abouts??

I went to Uni in Hobart :D

Guest Nihilus

Shaun aka Nihilus

I ONLY Just NOTICED THAT! Where abouts??

I went to Uni in Hobart :D

Hey Doc, funny I just found out you were from Australia when I seen Lycantropica post very early this morning.

I live South Hobart.. I live just up from the Cascade Brewery.

That is so cool you went to Uni here.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Yeah! lived there for Six years. South Hobart is nice. I lived in Sandy Bay and Battery Point. I used to work at the Ball and Chain on Salamanca :P

I miss drinks at Knoppies on a friday arvo!

Sorry Holly! I will stop derailing your Thread of ORSM!

Guest Nihilus
Yeah! lived there for Six years. South Hobart is nice. I lived in Sandy Bay and Battery Point. I used to work at the Ball and Chain on Salamanca :P

Wow 6 years.. I lived here 31 going on 32 years :P

Also I am sorry Holly for derailing your thread .. Doc made me do it! Mwahaha! :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Wow 6 years.. I lived here 31 going on 32 years :P

Also I am sorry Holly for derailing your thread .. Doc made me do it! Mwahaha! :twisted:

I know you are not to blame! Doc is my neighbor and she is infamous for derailing my threads!

Guest Anonymous

Wooo hooo! With Supernova which is one of our biggest cons coming up this weekend I am nearly finished my costume.

I had a lot of progress shots but lost my camera so that sucks. I have shaved most of my hair off and will shave the rest off this week YAY

I shall post some photos later tonight of my finished costume to hopefully get some feedback before I submit for approval :)

Guest Nihilus

Awesome can't wait to see them Holly 8)

I admire your dedication with shaving your hair off :)

damn wish I was able to make it to "Supernova" never get any good cons here well hardly get any at all :roll:

Guest Anonymous

So here are some photos I managed to get some pics of some parts of my costume

Some pics of the skirt (it looks less brown IRL)

Ventressskirtcopy.jpg

VentressSkirtBack.jpg

The top (which looks way tighter IRL this dress form is a bit weird)

top.jpg

My head!, how do people feel about the size of these triangles?

triangles.jpg

I feel like the other elements of the costume don't feel uniform and dark enough compared to the armour so I may give them a subtle black dye.

Not sure, thoughts?

Guest Nihilus

Great update Holly :)

First off I agree about making dying the other part subtle black.

With the lenses personally I think the white with the black outlining would be the ones to go for. :)

Guest Nihilus
yeah it's a bit sad Tassie doesn't get much. :(

Yeah it is sad, maybe one day I will have the cash and be able to head over there for on the comic cons. :)

Guest Aysel

while I personally like the white/pale one's better, the blue ones match the art better, so the blue ones will work

^_^ Katie

while I personally like the white/pale one's better, the blue ones match the art better, so the blue ones will work

^_^ Katie

The blue eyes are from the 3D animation. Before that she had "normal" eyes (black and white, sometimes brown in the comics) or solid white.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... rkJedi.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... charge.jpg

Ventress_cartoon.jpg