• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Flagship's new Detachment Leader, Aysel!

Twi'lek Pam

Hi,

Everyone, please join me in congratulating Flagship Eclipse's new Detachment Leader, Katie!

I've been serving as DL since 2007, so it's a job that is quite dear to me by now. Katie (Aysel) has been an excellent XO for the last six months, so I'm confident that as I step down, I'm passing the position into very capable hands. Thank you all for your friendship and support over the years. You've made my time as DL very rewarding, and I'm looking forward to remaining here with you for a long time to come.

Katie, thank you for stepping up, and for giving me a chance to take a much-needed break from the leadership position. As another outgoing DL mentioned, it's time to recharge my batteries!

Like other units in the legion that concluded the elections period with only one nomination, we will now have some transition time as positions are shuffled and folks learn their new jobs. I look forward to seeing how things work out in the long run!

As the nominations clock ran down this afternoon, I was so excited! "I'm not going to be DL anymore! WOOHOO!"

Then, it was over, and only Katie's name appeared on the ballot. "Uhm.... I'm... I'm not DL anymore? *sniff*"

Then a while later, "WOOHOO!! I'm not DL anymore!"

Then, "Uhm... *sniff*...."

My emotions might be confused, but I KNOW that I made the right choice, and it was a good one.

Best of luck to you, Katie. You're going to do a great job!

Pam :-)

thank you for the vote of confidence Pam, I truly appreciate it. As for your presents here, don't think your done yet, I still have work for you to do ^_^ I want to thank all the previous officers and I'm sure with everyone's help, 2012 will be a big year for the detachment as I foresee a huge influx of new costumes what with SWTOR's release. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Congrats Katie! :D

As a long-time and dedicated member of this forum (non-501st yet) I welcome you as the new DCO!

Pam, thanks for all the good work over the past few years. You deserve a breather! 8) You better not be a stranger though. :evil::wink:

~ Bill Costigan

Guest Daritha

Speaking of paradigm shift ... I never knew that the Flagship even COULD have anyone else as Pam for a DL. I always thought, the universe would collapse or conservatives would lead the government ... no wait. o.O

No, I'm just kidding. Pam, you did a great job as DL for about 5 years! Kudos to that!

Aysel, I'm looking forward to your leadership. Boss. :)

thank you all.

I've asked Scottrooper to be our membership officer and he's gladly accepted, I'll be keeping our current membership officer in her position till the transfer time is over. I am currently looking for someone to be my XO and no it won't be Pam she already told me no. She has agreed to be one part of our CRL team along with Volund Starfire, between the two of them I think any upcoming new CRL's or CRL changes will be easy to read and understand. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Congrats Katie on your new role!

As XO for my garrison, I've seen all the work you've done to help with EU approvals and promoting the quality that we appreciate as detachment members.

So I'm curious - do you have any specific goals as DL that you'd like to accomplish this year?

what I'd really like to see is our CRL's here translated to Spanish, German, French and Japanese. We're starting to pull in folks that don't speak English as a primary language and I'd like to have the tools available to help them build their costumes. I'm going to need volunteers that write/speak these languages fluently to get this accomplished. This is my main goal along with getting the new CRL's up from SWTOR.

Guest Anonymous

stevechewbacca from the French garrison has been running through and translating a lot of the OT costumes to French. He's got stormies, snowtroopers and scouts done.

It's a HUUUUUUUGE project, but it is also one that can work in parallel with the development of new ones. He's got a wiki account and is self sufficient, so once a CRL is marked done he goes in, makes a copy, and goes to town on it.

Guest Anonymous
what I'd really like to see is our CRL's here translated to Spanish, German, French and Japanese. We're starting to pull in folks that don't speak English as a primary language and I'd like to have the tools available to help them build their costumes. I'm going to need volunteers that write/speak these languages fluently to get this accomplished. This is my main goal along with getting the new CRL's up from SWTOR.

i am sooo sooo sooo sooo late for the party it's absolutely embarrassing!!! sooo sorry!!!!

Katie... i know you did not mention it but in any case you want translated to Portuguese, i can definitely help you with that!!!!

i am sooo sooo sooo sooo late for the party it's absolutely embarrassing!!! sooo sorry!!!!

Katie... i know you did not mention it but in any case you want translated to Portuguese, i can definitely help you with that!!!!

that would help too. we can talk more after CVI ^_^

^_^ Katie