• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Would this mask be approved?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

I have had my eyes on joining 501st for a while, and as a "Saber Jockey" I knew that I wanted to join as a Sith. I've got the black leather gauntlets and the plain black boots, and have ordered the robes (from Khloe's Kustom Klothing) and the belt (from Lightspeed Imports). All that leaves is the mask.

A very good friend of mine, who knows that I am trying to go 501st as Nihilus, made a mask for me. I just wanted to post a few photos of it here on the boards to see if it would get approved or not, and if I need to either make alterations to my current mask or if i will have to find another one entirely.

If you don't think this mask would be approved, I would be most appreciative if somebody could point me in the right direction of where to find one that would be accepted as 501st quality.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That mask is definitely skull-like. More so than others I have seen. I like it.

But it doesn't quite match what we see of Nihilus in KOTOR 2 or in the COTF artwork...

normal_COTFNihilusMask.jpg

normal_darth%2Bnihilus%2Bmask%2Bhood%2Blightened.jpg

The Nihilus we see has a slimmer mask that isn't quite so realistic. For instance, the angles at the cheeks aren't as sharp as they are in your mask.

I'm inclined to think that your mask wouldn't be approved because of its unique look. I may be wrong, though. I don't make those decisions.