• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

KOTOR Nihilus - WIP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi Team,

Here's your chance to nitpick another Nihilus!

This has been a very long process - I'm very happy with the main body. Apologies for the quality but it's quite wet here at the moment and natural light is scarce out of work hours.

Boots and gloves have been sourced (not shown in photos). Shouldn't pose a problem based on previous threads.

The cowl is currently stil under continued construction as I'm not finished with the look from the front - specifically the side walls and how it sits on my chest (glue is taking forever to set here with the rain - another challenge). I'm working on that at the moment, so hold fire there and I'll get it right before posting a "finished" cowl for review.

Please post up any observations, comments, constructive feedback, gripes! I've got some foam to slide into the chest which I wasn't wearing in this photo - should add a little bulk on my little frame if the chest isn't shaped enough.

This costume will be used in Sith vs Jedi battles at both Supernova Convention and Dreamworld 501st legion events here in Queensland (Australia) so it's going to get seen by plenty of people. The cloak falls slightly short of the floor for safety reasons (but reference pic has it shorter than the main skirt anyway I just noticed).

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Regards,

Cutter

TK6300

P.s. Just previewed the post myself - I'd be surprised if anyone will notice the details like stiching at the shoulder etc. Will post better pics soon. Apologies for low quality.

23012012359d.jpg

23012012358.jpg

31198023.png

11687632.png

Well, I never miss a chance to nitpick a Nihilus...

But, unfortunately I can't really see many to pick.

I'm not looking at the cowl or the way the fabric there hangs right now since you said that you're still working on that aspect.

You will need to stick that foam padding in the chest, it'll help get the look right for that aspect of the suit.

You're right about not being able to make out the details on the shoulders in the current pics, also can't really see the mask, it's washed out by the overhead light.

Belt looks good, and the overall fit looks good on you so far. :-)