• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

I know we've discussed this previously, but there is definately something between the ab and chest plates.

So I did a little experimenting. I've added a detail line and shaded part to the top of the ab. This then matches up with a piece of matte vinyl that I've cut the match the 'shape' in the refs. This piece also extends under the chest plate which will effectively hide the zipper ( bonus ).

midsectiondetail.jpg

What do you guys think?

Darren

Well, slave1pilot has a nice high res image on his website which might help you out with that upper ab section, there is clearly some armour that links the chest to the lower ab section.

(sorry I'm pinching your image here slave1pilot)

TOR-Sith-Acolyte1.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest darren1970

Cool. Thats the best image I've seen of that area yet.

So it's an extension to the top of the ab section, that goes underneath the chest armour.

D.

I know we've discussed this previously, but there is definately something between the ab and chest plates.

So I did a little experimenting. I've added a detail line and shaded part to the top of the ab. This then matches up with a piece of matte vinyl that I've cut the match the 'shape' in the refs. This piece also extends under the chest plate which will effectively hide the zipper ( bonus ).

midsectiondetail.jpg

What do you guys think?

Darren

Well, slave1pilot has a nice high res image on his website which might help you out with that upper ab section, there is clearly some armour that links the chest to the lower ab section.

TOR-Sith-Acolyte1.jpg

The chest plate on this guy is definitely metallic black right? and his under armor dark gray?

So is there something I dont know? Why are all the chest plates and undergarments of the sith acolytes ive seen so far done by the guys here not following?

Please enlighten me...

Guest [RBG]_Jaster
The chest plate on this guy is definitely metallic black right? and his under armor dark gray?

So is there something I dont know? Why are all the chest plates and undergarments of the sith acolytes ive seen so far done by the guys here not following?

I couldn't agree more, Iv'e been saying it from the start.

_Jaster":uc8mm90q]With the Armour colour, I alway pictured it as a sort of Black Chrome Like this or a Gun Metal like this, though I'm leaning toward the Black Chrome.

It kind of reminds me of the Cardon-Fiber Stormtrooper pics getting around a few months back.

Up until now it's been hard to tell as we've only had the videos to go off of and a very low quality version of that same pic.

Now that we have better reference where to from here.

Guest slave1pilot
I can't decide if I want to get this armor going for a Sith Acolyte, or a Jedi Knight.

Regardless, anyone know who's making armor kits for Acolytes these days?

We are beginning the process of making all of the armor...

_Jaster":2h317z6e]Got some painting done today, just the chest, back, cod and butt and have also made a start on the mask.

For the armour I'm doing a 2 tone scheme, I've notices in the vids some parts are a bit lighter than others.

The lighting's not the best so I'll try and take better pics later.

th_IMG_1368.jpgth_IMG_1367.jpgth_IMG_1366.jpg

So what paint did you use for this ones...?

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I'm going to ditch the 2 tone scheme and just stick with the PJ9170 Stormy Glow Metalic, unless it's decided that the metalic black in the referance pic posted is the way to go.

midsectiondetail.jpg

What do you guys think?

Darren

TOR-Sith-Acolyte1.jpg

Please enlighten me...

Somebody may know more about it but as far as I know we are talking from Lord Adraas here.

So, why every Acolyte should have that piece?

The mask we build is the other style and they may have other details as well.

And if not and I'm wrong, no problem. We just produce the new abdomen piece and go for sure....

Armour update:

Got the forearms and handplates weathered and laquer sealed.

armour10.jpg

The chest and shoulders ( which won't be seen ) are weathered and sealed.

armour11.jpg

Quite happy with the metal look.

armour12.jpg

more later......

Hi Guys,

What does "lacquer sealed" mean? And what is it for?

I am currently in a possesion of a 2nd hand sith acolyte armour and reading through all the threads to get more info. I'm currently just cleaning up and re-glueing the pieces. bondo then paint would come next.

Thanks for the time!

Guest darren1970

Laquer sealed means a coat of laquer to seal the actual paint underneath.

I used a satin laquer on this, as I found the gloss far too shiney for the 'old metalic' look.

The end product

cod3.jpg

More to come shortly.

Hi Everyone! I am just about ready to paint...(dread)

Just curious, how did you get the black lines? was the piece base coated with black then masked when painting the mettalic? Or mettalic paint first then just draw the black lines with paint brush or something?

Thanks for the help! (especially painting)

Guest DaedraKaragatzu

So I thought I would hop on here and make a post since I'm talking to Kevin via PM's right now. The kit you have for sale looks really good, and I am planning on getting it. Does this include any of the pieces on these forums but not seen here http://www.imperialsurplus.com/orjedi_final.html?

For example, boot armor, finger pieces and claws, ab plate, butt plate, etc?

If not, I'll have to make then/buy one from a TK kit.

My combination Kevin W and Kevin B armor was deferred by the LMO this weekend. He said it appeared to be Jedi armor and lacked details. He also said it needed more weathering which I can understand.

The conclusion I am reaching from his comment about the details is that perhaps they won't be accepting the Kevin armor anymore. I don't know if anyone other than Darren1970 was cleared with that armor.

I'm a bit bummed. I'm trying to determine if I want to purchase the Wolfgang armor. I'm hoping to hear from some approved Acolytes in America to hear how they painted their armor. I've heard the paint used by Wolfgang isn't available in USA.

2FrontwCloak_zps730a9757.jpg