• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

Guest Anonymous

Both arms side by side with the Jedi arm lit better. There are a few other pictures that just make the arms look grey, and I haven't seen one yet that shows it as a definitive black. I'd love for it to be black since it would be easier to get that color than the weird gray the arms appears to be.

Sith_Deceived10.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah I think we should all just stick with black, it makes it easier for me to, I can just butcher my spare Vader top or.... what do you guys think of this?

th_Vaderarms.jpg

This is from a Darth Vader Eco Leather Body Suit 3 Pcs, I sent them a message to see what it would cost to just get the arms/undershirt and they said US$150 shipped.

There is another one like this without a zip up back, it's just like a long sleeve t-shirt with Vader arms, still waiting on info on it though.

Guest darren1970

Chris, any updates on your elbow, butt and boot armour kits? ( cos if they're as cool as your finger armour kits I can't wait )

Also what are you doing abour biceps? Biceps or no biceps?

D.

Guest TK-7100

Soon! I'm off the the plastic supplier Monday!

Ok Biceps, that is the only thing I can not do. The only reason is there is NO shot on either Jedi or Sith that truly shows the bicep. If I made a mold, it would solely be..."what I think it looks like". And I'm not really for that. I've even asked my sources and they sent me every pic they can, but still no true pic of a bicep.

So I really don't know what to do abotu the bicep. They do have one....but what does the whole bicep truly look like...?? :roll:

Guest darren1970

That's exactly what I though too Chris.

There is bicep armour, but the shape....???????

If it comes down to it I may just 'modify' a pair of clone biceps.

Looking forward to the other armour parts though :D

Darren

_Jaster":22wqf95h]Yeah I think we should all just stick with black, it makes it easier for me to, I can just butcher my spare Vader top or.... what do you guys think of this?

th_Vaderarms.jpg

This is from a Darth Vader Eco Leather Body Suit 3 Pcs, I sent them a message to see what it would cost to just get the arms/undershirt and they said US$150 shipped.

There is another one like this without a zip up back, it's just like a long sleeve t-shirt with Vader arms, still waiting on info on it though.

I'm down with sticking with black. It's going to make things easier for all of us. Jaster- I like the pic but using your spare Vader top would save you $$.

I think I will ask my mom to make me a set of arms by adding the pleated lines down the sides of some synthetic leather.

Guest darren1970

I'm interested to see where all of us Sith Acoyltes are up to with the builds. There's a real 'positive vibe' going about this costume and I reckon we're gonna 'rock'.

I'll go first;

Jobs left to do:

1. Buy boots

2. Buy boot armour / butt and elbows from Chris

3. Buy neckseal from Darman

4. Get the 'Vader arms' made

Darren

Guest Anonymous

Left to do:

1. Paint

I have been meaning to post a picture, and probably will this weekend. I am painting all the black/weathering by hand using Citadel Miniatures paints. The colors and weathering are coming out great. Citadel makes, or made, a great wash called Baddab Black which has worked great for weathering so far. As far as the boot armor I may just make my own out of sintara (or however you spell it) since I want it molded to the boot. The boot armor looks as simple as molded metal plates.

I still have quite a bit to do... I've been working on an ATA TK build

1) Get mask and paint

2) Get additional armor pieces from Chris and paint

3) Finish trimming ab

4) Attach belt and magazine pouches

5) Strap everything

Guest darren1970

A quick question to my fellow Acolytes. Every time I look at 'some' of the ref. pics I see 'something' going on with the undersuit between the chest and ab plates. Has anyone thought of what to do about this area ( also I reckon a visible zipper would be horrible ).

Here's the bit I mean

undersuit.jpg

I was thinking of attaching a piece of black material to the back of the chest, so that it hangs down ( velcro'd to the undersuit ) then dissapears under the top of the ab section?

Thoughts guys?

D.

Guest Anonymous

I have recently bought two medical grade 24 inch monitors and looked at the stills of that image, and the Addras closups in the Decieved trailer, and I have noticed the ab plate does have a cutout at the top that makes it look like a "T". What you are seeing is part of the ab plate, not a shadow or anything else. The translation is...everyone's ab plate I have seen so far is wrong, including mine. I was looking at heavy foam or sintara board and epoxy...

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

It looks to me though, it's not completely all the way through, more of a deep depression.

I've done a quick pic of what I mean, this pic is by no means accurate just meant to show what I think is going on.

The light grey is obviously the armour, the black "Letter box" slot the deep depression across the top and the dark grey the cut-out/cut away areas.

abbdetail.jpg

Guest darren1970

That's what I see too, but the darker gray pattern appears to extend upwards from the top of the abs section too?

Guest Anonymous

What I'll do is focus and crop the image so there is some context, and then circle where modifications should be made. On second thought...It is pretty obvious below if you have a decent monitor. Look at the top corner of the ab plate, and it is obvious that is not a shadow if you have a decent monitor. Early on there was some debate on whether this was a shadow or not. The shape of the ab plate itself is wrong on the top, and goes beyond whether there is a central depression or not. The top of the plate does not slant down in a "coffin" like shape. The top of the plate forms more of a T and cuts in almost right where the red arrow points to. You can really see this well on the one picture where Addras is pulling his lightsaber and twisting in the Deceived video. Now this might only be Adraas' ab plate, just like that depression in the center also may only apply to Addras. I am going for the generic acolyte "foot-soldier" costume, so all of this may not even apply. Addras' costume is different (notably the mask) from the other acolytes.

SithWarrior3-1.jpg

Sith_Hope10.jpg

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah I think we should leave it as is for the time being, if more information becomes available we can deal with bit then.

Guest Anonymous

Can any one recommend somewhere online to buy fabric for the robe? I went to Jo-Ann and Walmart today and they had zero in waffle and a poor selection of black fabrics in general.

I even looked at fabric shower curtains as well, but nothing in black. I wishing I had bought fabric before I left Japan. I didn't think it would be so hard to find once I got back to the US.

Thanks!

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I would avoid waffle fabric and just look for a heavy fabric, I'm using stuff called winter coat material.

Guest Anonymous

That second picture looks like a generic acolyte, and it has the piece. The additional ab plate looks separate, so I would make an additional plate to fit in between the chest and main plate.

Guest darren1970
That second picture looks like a generic acolyte, and it has the piece. The additional ab plate looks separate, so I would make an additional plate to fit in between the chest and main plate.

I 'sort of' get what your saying, but can't quite get a clear picture in my mind of what the additional piece will look like. :?

Guest darren1970

Made a start on the 'vader-esque' arms for the Acolyte.

Started with a tapered rectangle of soft black vinyl material and stiched it onto some 'wadding' material at 1" intervals to acheive a quilted look.

This was then stitched to form a piece which slides snuggly over my arm from mid-forearm to mid bicep.

vaderarm1.jpg

It sits about an inch inside of the forearm armour.

vaderarm2.jpg

The majority of this detail will be hidden by the forearm, elbow armour and the sleeve ( although it could be seen in some 'saber' poses ) but I reckon it's turned out well ( thanks mum ).

vaderarm3.jpg

Darren