• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Boots

Obickay

G'day,

I am building a Revan outfit I had a question and am also after opinions on some boots.

Question first, do the boots need to be leather or and they be rubber?

The opions are on the boots below:

Straps to be removed to be CRL compliant

Boots2.jpg?t=1317006464

Thanks in advance.

Boots:

* The boots may be black or dark gray in color.

* The toes may be rounded or squared.

* The heels should be low, and there should be no visible laces.

* There may be be strapping near the toe in a dark metallic gray.

normal_revan_boot_detail.jpg

actually those boots look pretty good with the strapping on since the CRL calls for a strap near the toe, you'd just have to paint/dye it gray. As for the material of the boots, go for leather if you can as rubber would be way too hot on your feet and it just wouldn't look right.

^_^ Katie

I'd say if you paint them with the correct colors as per the CRL they should work, they look really really close to the boots in the CRL already. Do you remember the brand those are?

^_^ Katie

my advice, clean them up really nice and take a better picture. We'll be able to give you a better opinion then ^_^

^_^ Katie

Will do. Sorry last minute though before I left for work this morning. Will clean them up and photograph them with an actual camera.

I think those will do fine. I like that they have the strap going over the top of the foot; it echoes the look of the reference image. Gray boots are preferable, of course, but black is typically accepted.

Pam :-)