• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

MyWickedArmor Nihilus?

Guest J2H

We can't really say anything until we see pictures of you wearing the costume. Each Nihilus is a custom affair and any tweaks that may be required are always tailored to each individual. We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing you suited up, though. And if anything is needed, we'll take it from there.

Then begins the wait for it to be delivered. It's always fascinating to don the Darth Nihilus costume. It completely changes the way you look and there's no way to tell who's in the costume. That makes it easy to slip into the role and, admittedly, it makes me feel like a bad S.O.B. :lol:

If any tweaking is required, it's all worth the effort to do so. A perfect Nihilus is a great thing to see.

The guy lives down the way from me, I may be able to go pick it up. I always liked the anonymos costumes, but Nihilus was such a BA in KOTOR (which is what my Nihilus is based off of)

As Atavistic said, we need to see pictures of you in the costume to make any qualifying statements about it. It's all about how the costume fits you. Just pay attention to the standard picture when you go shopping for your boots, I find it helpful to have the picture open to the side when I'm searching (or printed out if I'm in a real store)

^_^ Katie

From the single picture that I can see of those boots, they look fine. The KOTOR boot requirement is pretty simple:

10. Boots: Plain black boots are worn. They do not have visible straps, buckles, or laces.

Those boots look correct... simple and plain black jackboots.

Personally I'd stay away from the man made material boots, and if you read the reviews for those one of the reviewers said that if the black get scrapped off you see a silvery grey under it. If you like them go for it but keep looking, you might find something better. ^_^

^_^ Katie

I have a pair of those in brown but haven't trooped in them, so I can't attest to their durability... I do have some English riding boots that are knee high, but they look "fancy" for Nihilus, I plan to use them for my Officer. The other boots I mention are leather tanker/police boots, a bit more pricey than the surplus German boots, but tricks finding my size

It's a given that nearly every appropriate boot that you can find for Nihilus will be better than simple costume boots. It really comes down to your budget. If you're willing to spend $300.00 you can buy replica German jackboots with hobnails on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-GERMAN-WH-BLACK-JACK-BOOTS-W-HOBNAILS-/120724411543

Or $50.00 for these reproduction boots:

http://www.militarytour.com/reproductions/ww11/german/uniforms/Jack.htm

Appropriate boots are out there with a small amount of searching.

*The above two links offer jackboots in your size 11.

I would actually suggest a pair of Biker Boots. I use a pair of Mens Advanced Classic Engineer Motorcycle Boots by Xelement Footwear for my RFT and my Vader when I had it. They are only $69.95 and fit rather well with a good insole. All you have to do is cut off the ankle strap and, maybe, use some metal paint on the top buckle. Boom, a pair of Imperial-style boots.

Oh, and they are Imperial-style. I found the buckles on the tops of the Death Star scanning crew boots, the TIE and X-wing pilot's boots, the crewmen/off-duty pilots boots, and the RFT boots.

Yes, I am THAT guy...