• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan, and my introduction

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello, my name is Jonathan and I have been a member of the 501st for a long time, even serving as CO of my garrison for a year. I have always loved the Darth Revan character, and not long ago was able to purchase a costume that was pretty much ready to go. There are a couple of things I will do to it, but for the most part, I am very happy with the set up. I applied for approval earlier today, so we will see how that goes. At any rate, on to the pics:

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Welcome to the Flagship!

Your Revan looks pretty good the front, from the back there seems to be a "weirdness" going on

normal_revan_back%7E0.jpg

if you look at the back the cowl part doesn't hang that far down, it may just be a matter of draping it right.

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Katie. I think you are right. I probably need to hem the back of the cowl so it hangs more to the picture you posted. Thanks for the info!

Hi!

Okay, let's see if we can get you on the right track with this costume. I've found that most "purchased" costumes tend to need a bit of work before they're ready for approval. I'll be happy to see yours getting ready to go!

From the top:

The hood looks excessivly large. It shouldn't be hanging down the arms. In the reference images, it's quite compact around the head. When you really look closely at it, you see that the hood creates a circle around the head and upper chest. It's not the hood that is attached with clips, but the capelet.

You can see a much larger version of this image here: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/galle ... fullsize=1

normal_arevan_front.jpg

The capelet should have a sideways, horizontal design, rather than the appearance of a mini-cape.

The cape itself is really long. For accuracy and to stop people from stepping on it all the time, I suggest shortening it to just above ground length.

normal_revan_back~0.jpg

The bridge piece between the chest and stomach armor appears to be a solid piece with lines drawn on it. It should ideally be made of leather or black vinyl with horizontal piping. The second choice would be a painted pattern that better matches the appearance of the reference images.

RevanTorso.jpg

(The following is not a canon character because of the lack of a helmet, but the armor's good, and you can see the horizontal piping lines in the bridging piece:)

normal_WebStarForgeRobesBack3.jpg

The straps holding on the ring are missing the greeblies:

normal_RevanBeltDetails.jpg

The sash belts need a bit of work. The black sashes drape through the ring from front to back, and then the red sash hangs from them, behind the ring. The red sash is actually supposed to be the back side of the black sashes. If you look to the left side of this reference image, you can see a trace of the red backing. Also, as mentioned, the red sash needs the vertical pleating/piping.

RevanSashes.jpg

The rest looks ready to go, I think. I appreciate that I can see pleating in the hakama... that's a detail that is often overlooked.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Pam, thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I figured I would need to upgrade some items to the costume since it was a purchase. I will go ahead and start implementing the changes you have suggested to work towards an approval.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Guest Anonymous

I contacted Rob about the upgrade pieces I needed, but have not heard anything back from him. Does anyone know if he is still providing this service, or do I need to try and find someone else? Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, after some time off working on another costume, this project is back. Order has been placed for parts and I hope to get things rolling in a week or two.