• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

AOTC Collar Rebuild

tk6232

Hey there Guys,

I'm going through the process of creating a new collar. This will be version 4, and hopefully, will be a bit better than all of my previous attempts.

My existing collar is pretty comfortable, and sits flat reasonably well - however it's made of pleather which makes it quite hot. It's also not as durable as I'd like - especially as we're getting a little trickier with our choreographed saber fighting demos.

So, I thought I'd bite the bullet and make one out of proper garment leather. I've found a really good leather supplier here in Australia that supplies a lot of film studios both here and overseas. When I told them what I was making, they got really enthusiastic and found the perfect piece of supple cow leather, thats just so incredibly soft. (Everybody loves the 501st Legion!)

I will be making a few sets of Collars and Vambraces out of this soft leather, and a few contoured belts from a heavier grade to match. I'll post some more images of the Vambraces and Belts once they're finished.

I'm really happy with the way this first collar has come out - it moulds to my shoulders perfectly, and is incredibly comfortable. The last thing to add is the circular details - which I'm going to add to the collar in the next week or so.

[attachment=2]SAM_1223_small.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]SAM_1225_small.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]SAM_1228_small.jpg[/attachment]

I love it when people upgrade pieces of their costumes! We learn a bit more with each build, and the improvement is always amazing. Thank you for sharing, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the final results!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Wow! The piece looks beautiful.

Have you tried taking it for a fight-demo-test-run yet? Do you keep pretty cool under that?