• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Some questions.

Scottrooper

Hi there! I'm Larry.

I've decided I'm going to make a Darth Nihilus costume for three reasons.

A.) Nihilus looks cool. I've always liked him. He's part of the reason I bought KotOR II. I had to know who the badass on the cover was. (Plus I think it was like $20 at the time I got it, so I thought, "Why not?")

B.) Revan's costume involves armor. I have no idea how to make it. And I don't wanna spend a lot of money.

C.) I'm not really willing to cut my hair for a Starkiller costume. (I look weird with short hair.)

So I have a couple of questions about Nihilus.

1. What would be a cheap way to make his mask?

2. Where could I get... I believe it's called a blackout mask? Anyway, it's mentioned in the Nihilus Costume Standards thread.

3. Not too important, but...Would it be acceptable to make one of the generic lightsaber hilts everyone uses in KotOR? Or do I have to get one of Nihilus's? Because I'd like to be able to use the same saber when I eventually make a Revan costume.

For number 1. Look around here on the forums, there are half a dozen or more different methods outlined for how folks have made their Nihilus masks. Pick the method you like best and cut loose :-)

2. I use a "zentai" mask. It's just a spandex hood really. Do a google search or an ebay search and you'll turn up tons. But be aware that a lot of the results will be not safe for work.

3. Lightsaber is not mandatory for membership, and you can do one of the more generic KOTOR style hilts, just can't do something like a Vader or Maul saber.