• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help with COFT crown

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have tried to figure out how to make a crown but come to the conclusion that I won´t be able to fix one myself.

So, anyone knows someone who can make a COFT crown? I saw in another thread that Scott can make but don´t have a mold until July/August and I am hoping to get one rather soon.

PM me if you are able to help me out and we can discuss things further there.

Thanks for reading :)

Guest Aysel

what I've been doing is looking at pictures of Scott's as well as a few others and figuring out how to get the correct shape and fall with a sintra shell. Only thing is my hubby isn't looking forward to me forming it on his head :twisted: I worked it out in paper first on my Styrofoam head and just need to transfer it to the sintra

Guest Anonymous

I used metal finger splints riveted together shaped then attached to an old baseball helmet. The some thin flexible cardboard to give it the rounded edges then duct tape over that to keep it held in place. It doesn't look pretty but you can't see it and it gets the job done (for now).

*EDIT* here are some pictures of my crown rig

Like I said its not pretty but it works.

8aaadfdd.jpg

71b6e38a.jpg

58b949dd.jpg

e6d50218.jpg

d423675c.jpg

Guest Aysel

now that is a good idea, and yea while being {censored} ugly it look like it gives you a really good shape...I think you could probably do this with a hard hat with all the extra's chopped off if you don't have a base ball helmet to work with. I think I'll have to borrow this idea but instead of the metal I'm going to use PVC foam board and just glue it all together. to the OP I hope this discussion helps you to be able to build your own crown or at least gives you ideas on how you might be able to go about doing it yourself

Mine is similar to that with a hair band instead of a hard hat and flimsy plastic instead of cardboard. beyond that the only difference is I used another U shaped piece of plastic to extend down from the back side to keep it from doing that inward curve. I bought a plastic folder at the dollar store to make mine, really it just takes some ingenuity and practice. (If I remember I'll take some pics of mine, but I have a horrid habit of forgetting...)

Guest Anonymous
I used metal finger splints riveted together shaped then attached to an old baseball helmet. The some thin flexible cardboard to give it the rounded edges then duct tape over that to keep it held in place. It doesn't look pretty but you can't see it and it gets the job done (for now).

*EDIT* here are some pictures of my crown rig

Like I said its not pretty but it works.

8aaadfdd.jpg

71b6e38a.jpg

58b949dd.jpg

e6d50218.jpg

d423675c.jpg

This might be an idea, but it look very big? what´s the measurements? I know it depends on how big mask it is but then I know better.

This is also one hard thing, the measurements.

Very helpful pics thou :D