• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihl

Tags

Well I am considering taking a shot at Darth Nihl... All depends on the outfit and, if I can get past that body won't be so bad. Looking into the armor now, so that will determine my next step, Tusken and A'Sharad or Darth Nihl.

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/sa3X/Nihl/

Guest Anonymous

I'm going to be working on a Nihl and wanted to know if it would be approvable for 501st? The only references I'm aware of are the Legacy comics, the miniture and card for the Wizards of the Coast Game, the Jedi Vs. Sith book(I haven't seen this), and the Action Figure. I'm not sure what counts and what does not as a reference.

There are so many variations and interpretations it's hard to figure out what would be "cannon" for this EU character. If at this point in time there arn't enough references for approval I'm just going to pick my favorite parts of each rendition and run from there. That's a lot of leather and I've never worked with shield bends before. That's what I'll be using for the upper chest armor.

Jan Duursema has been great as far as giving me any info she could so far, for the saber build. She gave me a guess as to the size she thought it would be. I'm hoping she'll be willing to help with each piece as I progress. She's awesome!! I Hope to have this done for CVI.

Guest Anonymous

I really wouldn't say I've been working directly. More gathering, studying, sourcing, and planning at this point then getting my hands dirty and glued to random objects in the shop. It should be a fun and interesting build. It incorporates many firsts from me.

I've got Boots as a base to start with.

1 huge black dyed shield bend for the upper chest armor.

Some black garment and chap grade leather, but I'll need more.

I've got clay comming to do some sculpting. Ears, Arms, Hands, Armor. A new member of our garrison is an SFX guy and is going to help me with molding and casting. I'm hairy and have tattoos so make-up isn't going to be great. We're going to ATTEMPT (note how I stressed attempt) making full arm silicone gloves so half the right arm can be Yuuzhan Vong.

I had a saber commissioned per Jan's specs that should be in my hands in a couple of weeks. We had to add an exaggerated bit so if I chose to wear it on my back it would be possible, but it's still Nihl all the way.

Here's the photo of the saber I was sent from the maker.

mh0141.jpg