• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

CW Ventress WIP by miralys

kathgruben

Ahhh, I do love a good list :D

Welcome to the Flagship! I'm guessing you are working on the Clone Wars animated version for your Ventress, yes? And assuming that you are intending to work on this costume for eventual submission to the 501st, you should refer to this link for the required items: http://theflagshipeclipse.com/forum/vie ... =12&t=1803

Cliff Notes Version & Questions

1. Alcohol based paints: any thoughts on this? If I go alcohol for the white, do I need to use it for the tattoo markings as well? (ie no mixing alcohol with water based?)

2. Harem skirt: Should I go with two panels or three? The standards don’t seem to specify here.

3. Wrappings: Ace bandages. Yea or Nay?

4. Closures for Shirt: What have people here used?

5. Air brush: http://www.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58- ... 95630.html Will this work? I know it’s not specifically for body paint.

1. I would go with the alcohol-based paint if you are going to be in a situation where you will be sweating (e.g. Florida heat) I have used both water- and alcohol-based paints, and when I was in Orlando for C5 back in August I used the alcohol-based paint with great success. Note that Ventress' skin tone is a light grey, not white. Personally, I used a soap paint for my tattoos on top of the alcohol paint.

2. I would use 3 panels - 1 for the back and then 2 for the front that overlap somewhat.

3. Ace bandages would probably work, so long as you can paint them to give them the needed shading effect.

4. Velcro.

5. Nice compressor, looks very much like the one my hubby uses to apply my makeup.

Looking forward to seeing more on your WIP! :)

1. Go with what Katherine suggests. I've not used them. I dab on some Ben Nye foundation with a natural sponge.

2. Is this for the 3D Ventress or another?

3. If they were the right colour and stayed in place, go for it.

4. Mine has a discrete zipper up the neck down to the top of the back.

5. My husband suggests the big thing here is that the needle can clear the paint. I would think most body paint it should be fine. I actually use his illustration airbrush to paint his Dooku beard these days and it works fine with just watering the Ben Nye stuff down a little.

Best of luck and do post pictures :)