• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan, Costume+Lightsaber (Up for approval!)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering if this costume would meet 501st requirements when it comes to Revan costume:

http://www.mywickedarmor.com/costumes/revan.htm

Also, anyone have any good tips on where you could get one or a pair of lightsabers that would work as Revans? Preferably without the need of constructing or heavy assembling, since I'm not a very practical dude :wink: . With or without blades doesn't really matter.

Best regards XecrNist

Remember to read the whole thing Robert has posted about that costume. The requirements have changed since he made that pattern, so there WILL be some alteration work to do on your part. Just wanted you to know up-front that this wasn't an off-the-shelf/ready-to-troop costume. None of his are; but they are a GREAT starting point. Robert did a good portion of my Nihilus, because I'd ended up with my eyelids sewn to my ankles or something equally horrible if I tried to do it.

Guest Anonymous

Howdy,

I actually just got that costume in the other week, havnt gotten it together yet to take approval shots. But he has added some new things to it to make it approvable, (rear armor, full length plaits on the hakama and red sash, things like that) so you would be after the deluxe edition.

You will still need your own undersuit, your own boots, your own neckseal/turtleneck, your own balaclava and sabers. So you still have a bit to go out and source even after you pay for it. Having said that I am very happy with the quality of the work, many thumbs up to robert on his work.

Cheers,

Colin.

Guest Anonymous
Howdy,

I actually just got that costume in the other week, havnt gotten it together yet to take approval shots. But he has added some new things to it to make it approvable, (rear armor, full length plaits on the hakama and red sash, things like that) so you would be after the deluxe edition.

You will still need your own undersuit, your own boots, your own neckseal/turtleneck, your own balaclava and sabers. So you still have a bit to go out and source even after you pay for it. Having said that I am very happy with the quality of the work, many thumbs up to robert on his work.

Cheers,

Colin.

Any good advice where you could get all of the above, missing parts etc? Got the lightsaber covered already.

Guest Anonymous
Howdy,

Cheers,

Colin.

Any good advice where you could get all of the above, missing parts etc? Got the lightsaber covered already.

Haha funny thing is I havnt gone out and bought any of those things yet, been caught up with other things but they should all be pretty standard, undersuit is just a black long sleeve shirt and black long pants. Boots will be a little tricky but they are plain black boots. And balaclava's are pretty easy to find. Just remember, BLACK BLACK BLACK..

Guest Anonymous

The undersuit, what material should it be made of, felt or something else. Because I have a stormtrooper jumpsuit, but I guess that is should be some other material, and the size of the shirt/pants should be different? As for neckseal, would a stormtrooper neckseal or equivalent be good enough or should it be some other?

Have some examples of stuff needed, just want to know if they would meet 501st standards

Neckseal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stormtrooper-Armor- ... 500wt_1156

I know it should be black, but i couldn't get a better reference, I have one exaclty like this one, but black, would that be good enough for a Revan costume? Also should the neckseal be in felt or leather material?

Boots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jedi-Skywalker-Obi- ... 1271wt_905

I know the boot covers can ba an issue, but I think those can be removed, the heel and the toes might also be a problem?

Gloves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Prop-Stor ... 1614wt_905

I think these should be good enough, thinking about getting two pairs. Not sure if they would cover enoigh of the wrists but I think that shoulnd't be a problem, thoughts?

Hi,

Let's see if I can answer all of your questions....

The undersuit needs to be made of a matte stretch material, probably a cotton and lycra blend fabric, or something like that. You don't want shiny spandex, nor do you want non-stretch felt, which wouldn't let you move.

Revan does not wear a neck seal, so you should not wear one. Instead, he wears a tight-fitting shirt with a line sewn across the chest and a high, tight collar. Beneath the collar, you need to wear a balaclava that will hide the sides of your face and the upper area of your neck.

normal_RevanMask.jpg

For the boots, I would advise looking for a more accurate pair. Yes, you MIGHT be able to remove the front panel... but why bother paying for something that you don't need? Removing them might leave undesireable glue or velcro marks on the boots, too, depending on how they're attached. I'm sure there are better options to be found without unwanted accessories on them. If you do want that particular style of boots, I would advise asking the seller if they can be removed before spending your costuming funds on them.

For the gloves, they might work, but you'll find it very annoying to keep having to adjust the gloves because they're not long enough, and it's really hard to adjust your own gloves when you're wearing gloves! If you use those, they'll most likely keep slipping down and letting your wrists show, which isn't cool. My advise would be to keep looking for something better. Expand your search past costume pieces that are advisertised for known characters... the EU is a hodepodge of costume pieces, and you can find the right ones in a huge variety of sources!

Pam :-)

Hmmm.... Star Trek?

I think I'm supposed to hiss and back away, or something like that... :-D

Those boots should work fine, but I wouldn't recommend them. Pleather boots usually need to be replaced after a few troops because the pvc coating starts ripping away from the fabric backing, especially around the zipper and toe. Rather then spending a lot on cheaply made boots that'll have to be replaced before too long, it's better to track down some leather boots that will last for years and years. Even used leather boots tend to be better than new pleather ones! (Yes, I tend to shop for durability... it's better than having a costume that falls apart!)

Hi,

Check out the Sportsman's Guide website... my husband got a really nice pair of black leather boots there this weekend, for $65. I haven't checked out their site to see what styles they have, but you might get lucky, too!

Guest Anonymous

Got my lightsaber today, and the costume is on the way. Just one question, do any of you know where you could get some red plastic film to have in your lightsaber, because the one that is in the blade now is more or less transparent with a tone of white in it. I'm asking because I want the ligthsaber to be red even if the "light" is not turned on.

Guest Anonymous

Nearing completion on my Revan costume, just one little obstacle left to overcome, the silver hooks or whatever you would call it that attaches the caplelet to the armour, what kind of "hooks" should that be? Having a little trouble on finding good ones. Would any these do?

(1) http://www.clasohlson.se/Product/Produc ... =161745039

(2) http://www.clasohlson.se/Product/Produc ... d=82524221

I have an armour from Rob, so it's only those hooks that remain for me to acquire for a complete costume.

Guest Anonymous

Should the upper hook be slightly larger or will it do with the same size? Can't really tell from the pictures.