• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Czech Darth Talon

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

starting with the production of Darth Talon, gather information and resources.

I have a few questions:

Can these lenses?

wildfire.gif

Thank you for your answers.

Lucie

Hi,

I'm afraid the heels are much too high for those boots to be used for Talon. Her boots should have very low heels, or no heels at all. High heel boots has been a problem for many of the girls working on Talon costumes. Many even select stiletto boots, since they are already thigh high, but such boots cannot be approved for the 501st.

TalonLeap.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

You're a brave soul for tackling this costume!! I have to agree with LadyB... I think the red needs to be a little darker.

Guest Sakara

For the boots, id look for any boot with a flat sole and then build them up with leatherette or fabric matching the boots, hiding any join with the shin guards.

It may also be just that you need to apply more layers of the colour you have. For my own custom Sith Togruta and Shaak Ti I had to do a few layers to get it even and to get the right colour.

For the boots, yes I really recommend covering a pair of boots/shoes like Sakara wrote. Often boots that are high do not have the same fit through the ankle and knee that you need for this costume. And seams may not be where you want them to be either.

I have a tutorial half done for this, which also shows how to hide the edges of the fabric well.

http://glittersweet.deviantart.com/art/ ... -172642222

The leggings are so close because there is a zip that goes from knee to ankle down the front and is hidden by the straps. This would work for Talon too as the shin guards could easily hide that zip.

th_sm_DSCF4156.jpg th_sm_DSCF4158.jpg th_sm_DSCF4163.jpg

That just shows the fabric before and during gluing. And the products used to glue the fabric in between the sole and shoe.

th_leia3.jpg th_leia4.jpg

This shows how to fit the fabric to shape. Here I put the zip up the back which worked for this style. This was a wedge sole.

th_sm_P1070076.jpg th_sm_P1070078.jpg th_sm_P1070082.jpg

I'm currently doing this for a pair of boots for a pair of thigh high boots which may have zips on the inside ankle. The point is that it is easy so long as you go step by step and is really worth the extra effort to tidy everything :)