• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Acima's Darth Talon 2.0

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I posted this on every other forum already, but thought I might show you guys aswell. This is my upgraded Talon version that I wore for Coscon in Oslo, Norway this oct. Also won the cosplay contest ^^

Sorry if the pictures are a little bad quality, the lighting at the con was terrible.

37959_164799743535302_100000158331116_591932_6280698_n.jpg

65565_475239011321_638636321_6630041_8289752_n.jpg

44219_1565522254665_1133657459_31611902_1050700_n.jpg

33580_481168960399_567765399_7345539_5029938_n.jpg

I used my Pam lekku from the first Talon and cut away about 15cm and extended them with red vinyl to get Talons longer ones. I was lucky to find the exact same shade of red needed. The armor is made out of metal plates (iron infact), originally painted black, but I like this gunmetal grey much better. The top was made out of painted vinyl, and the headgear out of papermachè covered in vinyl and painted. I also had sith style lenses, though doesn't show on the pictures.

To get a more exact Talon I need to make the strap on the top more accurate and well.. paint myself and not use a bodysuit.

Anyway, tell me what you think? ^^

And two more, just for fun:

39571_434030706366_588661366_5607619_7693630_n.jpg

Facepalm moment XD

64441_475246971321_638636321_6630375_2247180_n.jpg

WoW Night Elf dance... yeah..

-Acima

Guest Anonymous

It is beautiful!

I did not even notice it was a body suit until I read the bottom and looked closer. I hav seen several while in Germany at cons and this is the best I have seen. Too bad the standards say body paint- your suit is very well executed.

Guest Anonymous
I think Talon's day has come.

You have my support.

Thank you. Does this mean you think I should apply? But I though I needed to be painted and not wear a bodysuit as the crl standard states..?

It is beautiful!

I did not even notice it was a body suit until I read the bottom and looked closer. I hav seen several while in Germany at cons and this is the best I have seen. Too bad the standards say body paint- your suit is very well executed.

Thank you so much. Many have said so. I think I pulled off the suit pretty well. I wish the standard allowed the suit. I don't really mind going around in such skimpy clothes, but it's very hard to get alcohol based bodypaint in Norway and to find someone willing to spend 4/5 hrs painting me.

Guest Daritha

Your costume is the first one I would call Darth Talon. There are so many who tried it. But I think, you can be the one who finally MAKE it.

I watch your progress with interest, so please let us know of any developments there. :)

It is beautiful!

I second that. I'm not a big fan of bodysuits but this one is very well done. I wasn't quite sure if you really wore one until I read the text.

PS: Talon's day might come ... but what's about IK's day, Thomas. Do you have a date in mind when you'll finally hand in your Ganner?

Guest Anonymous
Your costume is the first one I would call Darth Talon. There are so many who tried it. But I think, you can be the one who finally MAKE it.

I watch your progress with interest, so please let us know of any developments there. :)

It is beautiful!

I second that. I'm not a big fan of bodysuits but this one is very well done. I wasn't quite sure if you really wore one until I read the text.?

Thank you very much! I've gotten so much good response everywhere, and I was a little scared to post them here. Maybe I'll do a few more mods. to the costume and try to apply..

Greetings,

Body paint is still required for Darth Maul and Darth Talon.

I took your post to read that you would be upgrading to body paint.

675.jpg

Courtenay's Darth Talon, at CIV, 2007

Courtenay was to be the first Darth Talon in the 501st. Unfortunately, after being asked to revise her horns--side of head--and to change from stiletto heeled boot to a more accurate combat heel boot she decided not to further the attempt.

The body paint requirement stems from the notion that 501st costumes are meant to look like they came directly off the movie screen. With EU it can be difficult to assign a standard. But in this case, if we look at other Twi'leks from the SW saga, we see skin pigment was achieved as body paint.

I say, tweak your costume, get the input that assures it is dead on. I think you are very close, but I will defer to Pam's input for an expert review. Then do the body paint and plan to get a full set of photos. Plan far enough in advance and you could be the model for the standards entry for the 501st.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous
Greetings,

Body paint is still required for Darth Maul and Darth Talon.

I took your post to read that you would be upgrading to body paint.

That's what I thought. Thank you for clarifying that.

I think I will try to make the few corrections and try painting over winter. If I only can get my hands on some alcohol based bodypaint.

Your Darth Talon is beautiful! I've been trying to figure out from the pics exactly where the body suit ends and your skin begins, it's blended very well!

For the alcohol paint, have you tried ordering from Reel Creations? http://www.reelcreations.com

I realize they are in the USA, but maybe they can ship to Norway. Or, they may know a company in Europe that has the paint. I have found them to be very helpful - try sending them an email.

It has been a lot of fun to watch the development of this costume. Even after the trouble with the armor staying on, you fixed the problems and did a wonderful job. I think it was even worth the sacrifice of your favorite belt! I'm looking forward to seeing the costume improve even more. Bravo! Thank you for sharing your progress on the Twi'lek forum, too. You're a real inspiration to the other girls!

I have several bottles of alcohol based red and black paint that are sitting in my makeup tub. I'll PM you the information about them, in case you'd like to use them. You encouraged me to finish my Talon costume, but I'm too timid to wear it... so perhaps the paint might serve you better instead!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you guys so much ^^ I'm getting a little imbarassed here.

I did some paint test this weekend. Did take some pictures.. but It was done really fast, but it was mostly to see how my body would look. I think I can pull it off, might need to tone a bit though. I will get some pictures up when I get the job done with and aribush.

I'm really getting into this now!

Guest Anonymous

Acima, your Talon is incredible amazing!! You really deserve to get attention in the 501st :)!! I never saw such a detailed Talon costume, you also express the attitude very well- your photos are a pleasure for every Legacy fan :)!

Lots of greetings,

the german Nihl ;)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you so much! I'm working on getting my Talon up to 501st standard. Sometimes I really wish they would approve the use of a bodysuit, but then again.. I really like that they have high demands on the costumes. Makes me want to do it even more^^

Guest Daritha

Well, the bodysuit is just for the approval. Depending on the character of the events, I'm sure a bodysuit would be fine sometimes, too. Especially when its winter or cold in general. ^^

Can't wait to see your Talon update. I'm really looking forward to your costume. ;)

Guest Anonymous
Thank you so much! I'm working on getting my Talon up to 501st standard. Sometimes I really wish they would approve the use of a bodysuit, but then again.. I really like that they have high demands on the costumes. Makes me want to do it even more^^

I know that "bodypainting-trouble" . Bodypainting is great fun, it's art and I love it.. but when you got up at 5 o clock in the morning during a con, after having a con party the evening before, painted three of your friends with your airbrush and yourself - in the end at 11 o clock you're a liiiiiittle bit exhausted ;D (and on this point, you haven't been on the con for a minute)!

But- nothing looks as real as a well done bodypaint, especially on our costumes.

Talon's bodypainting is huge effort and I pull of my hat infront of everybody who dared to make a reference-like Talon bodypainting! After going through this, you feel like an artwork- and you also get the attention of an artwork then. It's definitely worth the effort!

I wish you the best for your work on Talon, I'm sure you'll make it!

And.. it's a pitty that we live that far away- me and my Legacy group would love to make pictures with such an awesome Talon like yours :)!