• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihl

Guest Anonymous

I would suggest checking the Darth Maul forum in the Sith Lords Detachment. They often use stencils when they paint Maul's tattoo patterns on their faces, and they might have some good suggestions or tutorials over there.

Pam :-)

Yes, they have two different Maul tutorials over there. I believe the one done by Shawn Gordon he worked from a cast of his head to make the templates with a vaccu-form or similar method.

http://www.501stsithlords.com/makeup.html

I've wanted to do that with Asajj and Barriss, but as of yet have not made a casting of my head to work from.

Guest CAndyman

Yes, they have two different Maul tutorials over there. I believe the one done by Shawn Gordon he worked from as cast of his head to make the templates with a vaccu-form or similar method.

http://www.501stsithlords.com/makeup.html

I've wanted to do that with Asajj and Barriss, but as of yet have not made a casting of my head to work from.

Wow, that is fantastic and looks simply amazing! :D Thanks for the link! 8)

Guest Anonymous

Back with version 2.0 ;)

To all who are interested: I reworked the "ribcage" of Darth Nihl's armor, this is version 2.0. I think it looks a lot better than the version with the latex-ribs. This version is made of thermoplastics.

First of all I made a paper-pattern, after that cut that piece out of the plastic twice, then form these pieces under heath by using an industrial dry blower. After that I fixed several straps on it for the chest, the arms and the back, and in the end I coloured the ribs with white laquer.

I also had a photo shooting with the German Garisson, I'll post the pics her when I got them these days.

- Neinel

dsc00745a.jpg

Guest CAndyman

Those look much more authentic indeed. Well done. It seems like the rib cage should be easier but I have been having a rough time getting them to come out the way I want. I think I've got a decent looking set but getting them to sit properly on me and look symmetrical has been much more difficult than I had thought. I should be very close to having some pictures to post. Thank you Neinel! :D8)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you, Candyman :D! Nihl's weapon is still work in progress!

I enjoyed your pictures, as I mentioned also on Facebook: it was great to see your Nihl in action! I'll write you soon, hopefully with some news from Master Spanos ;).

Guest CAndyman
Thank you, Candyman :D! Nihl's weapon is still work in progress!

I enjoyed your pictures, as I mentioned also on Facebook: it was great to see your Nihl in action! I'll write you soon, hopefully with some news from Master Spanos ;).

Excellent I can't wait to hear from you! I have some ideas for the weapon that I'll share with you when I get more time later. I chatted with a saber-smith about some possible methods for building another saber-staff and he had some good ideas. Talk to you soon my Friend! :D

Guest Daritha

Master ... Spanos? Don't get Thomas high on the idea. ^^

I'm really excited. I loved your Nihl everytime I saw it - in person or as a picture. Wish you good luck with the approval process, my dear friend. :)

Guest CAndyman

I'm really excited. I loved your Nihl everytime I saw it - in person or as a picture. Wish you good luck with the approval process, my dear friend. :)

I second that, your costume truly looks like 501st quality to me! :D

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys!

Me and Malincha are back with some new pictures of our reworked costumes..

We made some high quality pictures with our garrison's photographer on Fedcon 2011/Germany last weekend. We now need to select the best and our internet access returns on Monday, so I give you a short preview here, before I'll post the final pictures, including all front, side, make up and backside references.

Darth Nihl

What is new?:

- the bracer is built new completely with a more organic look, also the weapon, the shirt and the ribs are completely rebuilt. The shirt is now made of stripes of fine leather and the vest is made of thick leather. The ribs are made of white thermoplastic. The shoes are also wrapped with leather stripes now, to give it the Nihl-look.

The bodypainting is still done by airbrush, completely, the hair is still my own and especially cut for Nihl's look..

Please exuse the blurred parts of the bodypainting on the first pic, I walked arround to search the photographer, it was hot on that day and the best fixative still doesn't prevent that it blurres on the armpits (damn! ;)), The pics are still untreatened.

I'm looking forward to your feedback :).

Neinel

Guest CAndyman

Wow that is really magnificent! I am jealous of your bracer it is simply outstanding! I need to get working on upgrades for my costume too, I may just have to re-work my bracer now that I see your's, I love the sleek trim design of it, outstanding work my friend. :D

Guest Anonymous

Thank you, Sakara- what a pity that we didn't talk together... but there was so much going on arround us that day! Have you been there with your Visas? Cause I saw an awesome one, passing me by once and that was the only Visas I saw on those days.

Hey everybody-

me and Malincha are back with new internet access. Here are some more of my Garrison-photoshoot pics with their references. I posted a list of what I changed on the costume in my last post here.

What do you think? Is it ready for a try of a applictaion?

Face reference:

blz20.jpg

tb110430b291.jpg

tb110430b262.jpg

Front reference:

legacy140022.jpg

bm10144.jpg

bm10135.jpg

Back reference:

starwarslegacywar4007.jpg

darthnihlreferencebacks.jpg

bm10132.jpg

On that pic it looks as if one rib is missing on the left side- but it isn't. That rib is just a bit shorter than the one on the other side.

Reference for the bracer:

darthnihlreferencebrace.jpg

Some of the many pics we made:

tb110430b327.jpg

dsc01281sy.jpg

dsc01415fg.jpg

dsc01383lu.jpg

dsc01397q.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it :)! Please feel free to tell me what you think abou it!

Many greetings from Germany

Neinel, the German Nihl

Guest Sakara

Ah, next time we may get to chat! I was Visas on the Friday all day, i had full sith makeup with all the nasty veins on my face :D.

I know there was another Visas i think on the sunday although i think she may have had a veil malfunction as ive seen photos showing her eyes lol.

Guest lperea

Hi! Your costume looks great!!! You´ve done a superb job. How did you do the shoulders? They are always a nightmare, but yours are perfect.