• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Celebration V

Twi'lek Pam

Hi, everyone.

I think I've almost caught up after being in Orlando! My email and PM inboxes aren't overflowing anymore, the luggage has been put away (after arriving a day after we did... again), my new part time job seems to be working out well, and I can finally start working on the forum again. I'll be doing my best to go through all of the discussions I missed, and I'm looking forward to getting back to the CRL project again. In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of the pictures from my camera. Celebration was an amazing experience once again. I loved having a chance to meet so many people who I had only known before by their email address or screen name, and everyone was so kind and friendly. Thank you to everyone who introduced yourselves to Scott and I while we were there... it truly was fun to meet so many people from all over the world. It was great to see such a variety in the costumes, too. There are some incredibly talented costumers (and prop makers!) out there.

Nihilus reminds his apprentice who's boss.

Holochess.jpg

The EU panel: Luis, Scott, Brita and Melanie.

BritaPresentation.jpg

The raffle after the EU panel.

Raffle.jpg

I had hoped for at least 5 Twi'leks for the Twi'lek photoshoot. Instead, we ended up with an amazing 26 Twi'leks! Jan Duusema was kind enough to join us as well, and took pictures with the group. Many of the characters on stage were her creations, so she was a fitting and welcome addition.

CVTwilek24.jpg

CVTwilek23.jpg

CVTwilek26.jpg

More EU characters....

CVTwilek9.jpg

CVTwilek20.jpg

FelDeliah.jpg

Lumia.jpg

And, my latest sacrifice to the gods of costuming! He he...

(I always grow my hair out for a couple years, and then cut it short just before each Celebration so it'll be easier to wear wigs and lekku headpieces. The ponytail's a donation for Beautiful Lengths wigs for cancer patients.)

Ponytail.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

This one day at CV, I saw a bunch of Sith walking by, I thought they might be a NY Jedi troupe, so I inquired to their leader "R U NY Jedi?" click click click, his response was "No we are Storm Lords" or something to that effect wish I could have remembered the proper name.... click click click. I bid him a good day and as I turn around there is this big bunch of people taking our pics (I guess I was still tired from the night before) then someone yelled "KILL THE IMPERIAL KNIGHT" and then it was game on...

ohshit.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Pam, I LOVE the shot of the two of you at the dejarik table! A friend and I got pictures there every day in different costumes (and in civvies) and in one, we're arguing over who cheated. I love yours. It'd be awesome to see if others had the same concept. And the Twi'lek photoshoot is AWESOME. What day was that?