• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade from Michigan (Done)

Mira_Darkstar

Okay, I am getting so close I can taste it. Gun is now painted black with the silver.

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0475.jpg

Holster is done, I completed dying it, putting a liner in and stitching.

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0517-1.jpg

DSCN0518-1.jpg

Also we were able to complete the mock-up of the body suit.

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0506-1.jpg

And cut out and chalked the final fabric, forgot pictures of the chalked lines. :blink:

DSCN0510.jpg

Also added a second coat of paint to the shinguards and will add a third coat tomorrow after sanding some imperfections out again. Then all that is left is to add a clear coat to the shinguards, close them up somehow and finish the final bodysuit.

Well I thought I would be done today but ran into a few setbacks unfortunately. *sighs*

So for my shinguards and knee pads I have been gluing very diligently, and with the elastic for the shinguards I did not leave a big enough gap so had to rip them apart and re-glue. For the front Velcro/shim closure I am not sure I like how it looks at the moment but will troop in them first to decide if I need to rework that part.

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

For the bodysuit we started on the real fabric and the paneling looks fantastic, however when trying it on we found it a little snug. I.E. it will not close in the back, so when I bring the leftover fabric back my mom will add a 1 inch strip to both sides of the suit. So that makes me very sad.

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

So next target for finishing will be January.