• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan armor material

Aeros

Hello there!

I have been lurking for some time in the forums, started on Nihilus but gave up and finished my Boba Fett and currently researching Jawa but would like to make a Revan in the future. Now for my question!

The CRL says that the armor should be of a rigid material, i know that the Legion frowns upon foam but would it be possible to build the base out of foam and cover with worbla or should i build from like sintra boards? I know i could order a kit or 3d print but i would like to try and build some of the costume myself.

Best regards /BH-93166

Tagging @DarthValkyria who should give you more accurate answers. One thing to note though is that Revan's armor has a lot of intricate details so that might be your limitation with worbla on foam (unless you really nail the grooves/lines etc). I used a WA kit, which was molded ABS, and the details are amazing. Some of the 3D print I've seen here in the forum are good but will require sanding etc. I'm sure there are links, you just need to search 🙂

Best of luck with your build!