• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan - FINISHED AT LAST!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here is my completed Revan (a few small details are coming - enclosed bracers and rings)

So chuffed!!!! Had its first troop yesterday and went down very well :)

Here is my completed Revan (a few small details are coming - enclosed bracers and rings)

So chuffed!!!! Had its first troop yesterday and went down very well :)

Where where? I wanna see it! : :?:

I think you forgot to link the picture. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Mods to date:

grey ribbed section added to replace the silver in the mid section...

clone neck seal ditched in favour of more accurate method

I will update my flickr pictures soon :)

You made me smile. I started reading down from the top of the thread, and saw that you were waiting on the enclosed bracers, etc. Then I looked at the photos and sighed when I saw the plain fabric between the armor plates, and the neck seal needed work, too. I braced myself to say that they would need to be corrected (I really do hate telling people what needs to be more accurate on their costumes... it never feels very nice).... and then I got to the bottom of the thread, and learned that you'd already fixed them. Big happy smile. Good job! I'm also happy that you have the red and black sashes hanging correctly from the ring. That always seems difficult for a lot of people to get right, so I smile when I see a good job on that.

I'm not certain about your cape and the capelets... the "padded" shape with lines on the top of your shoulders seems unusual, and I cannot tell if you have the required pleats in the back of the cape. Are those finished, or are you still working on them as well?

normal_RevanTorso.jpg

normal_revan_back%7E0.jpg

I'll be looking forward to seeing some more pictures as you continue to work on your costume. I especially liked the "coffee shop" picture. That was great!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Pam, its continually improving. The caplet and cape were made (best my mam could) using the guide on here.

I must say however, that the UKGarrison section of the 501st have rejected my Revan in such a complete way...that I'm thinking of actually withdrawing my cleared TK and membership!!!

The ONLY part 'he' said was 'clearable' was the mask.....went on to say that this guide on here is out of date and inaccurate!!! Surely whats good for one 501st should be for another? Grrr

That cafe shot was a lot of fun. My partner (Marie) is wearing the Mara Jade made from your guide Pam (complete with your gun and harness back disk)

I'm going to try and update the flickr account, but if not, please add/look at my facebook account

search for 'Ian Tennick' or 'ian.tennick@gmail.com' as there are loads of troop pictures there :)

Hi,

Like many garrisons, I've heard both good and bad things about the UKG. They're quite rigid and uncompromising on strict rules, but they also strive for very high standards in costuming. I don't have facebook, but if you'd like to share some updated photos, I'd be happy to look your costume over and give you a second opinion on its progress.

This is the most recently updated wording for the standards, which is being prepared for the legion CRL. I don't yet have all of the photos that go with it, so I can't show you the fully illustrated version yet:

Description: Darth Revan

Prefix: SL

Detachment: Flagship Eclipse Detachment

Costume components:

1. Cape, Hood and Capelet: Heavy black fabric is used for the cape, hood, and capelet. The cape is box-pleated and reaches nearly to the floor. The hood is full and drapes around the face in the front to create a cowl-like appearance. The capelet attaches to the hooks on the black sections of the cuirass. It is attached with silver clasps at four points, two on the left, two on the right, and then drapes around the shoulders.

2. Mask: The mask extends up to the top of the head. It has a dark gray and rust red color scheme on the front, and the paint is heavily weathered. The eye slit is filled with a lens that is dark enough to obscure the eyes behind it. Black side panels matching the game renders may be included to cover the sides of the costumer's face, but they are not required.

Note: It is not clear if the black area visible in the game render was meant to be a piece of the mask, or if it is a rough rendering of Revan's face which was supposed to be hidden by the hood. Because of this uncertainty, the black side panels may be included or left off of the mask at the costumer's discretion.

3. Balaclava: A form-fitting black balaclava is worn to hide the costumer's face and neck.

4. Shirt: The shirt is made of black fabric with long sleeves. A horizontal line of black piping is sewn across the chest, and is visible just above the chest armor. The shirt collar is worn in a high, form-fitting style similar to a Mandarin collar.

5. Vambraces: The vambraces are made of a rigid material which encloses the entire forearm. They extend from the wrist to just below the elbow on each arm. A ridge design runs up the front seam and can be used to disguise the clamshell openings. Another ridge design goes along the bottom edge nearest the wrist, and appears only on the outer half of the vambrace. The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze to a slightly copper tone.

6. Hand Armor: The hand armor is made of a rigid material. It has a series of parallel ridges running horizontally across the center of the armor piece, and a smaller ridge design goes across the bottom edge of the hand armor, near the fingers. The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze to a slightly copper tone.

7. Gloves: The gloves are made of undecorated black leather or fabric. They are long enough to conceal any skin that might show on the wrists, and are worn tucked under the vambraces.

8. Cuirass (Chest Armor): The cuirass is made of a rigid material with a pattern of ridges that replicate the designs seen in the reference images. The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze to a copper tone. The cuirass includes a raised black panel on each side of the chest that is made of a rigid material. These panels each have two loops built into them. Each side of the capelet is attached to these loops with a pair of silver clasps.

9. Armor Bridging Piece: Located between the cuirass and abdominal armor is a middle section that connects the two armor pieces. The bridging piece is made of black leather or vinyl with close horizontal ribbing running the full length. Alternatively, a stiff material that has been painted in shades of silver and black to match the pattern on the reference images may be worn.

10. Abdominal Armor: The armor is made of a rigid material and includes a pattern of ridges that match the design seen in the reference images. The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze to a copper tone. The abdominal armor includes the attachment points for small o-rings hung from the bottom rim. There are six o-rings if the armor is backless, or twelve rings going all of the way around if a back is included on the armor.

11. Belt with O-Ring: Revan's belt is suspended in front of the abdominal portion of the armor. Both sides of the belt slope downward at an angle to a large O-ring at the front. The belt attaches to the armor on each side, rather than going entirely around the waist. The belt has silver/gray colored bands, and has 4 smaller o-rings. Two rings are visible in the front. The other two are further back and are only visible in profile when the cape is swept back.

12. Red and Black Fabric Drapes: The black sash is one long piece of black fabric which attaches to the O-ring at both ends. This gathered piece of fabric is not attached in the back. It hangs loosely against the backs of the thighs, creating a draped effect around the body. A deep grayish red vertical drape is suspended behind the O-ring. The red drape does not hang through the O-ring in any way, and it is not attached to the abdominal armor. The red drape may be sewn to the ends of the black sash, or it may be a continuation of the black drapes. Vertical ribbing or pleats runs down the full length of the red drape.

13. Pants: A hakama or wide legged split trousers are worn. The fabric is black, and reaches to the ankles. Large box pleats run vertically down both legs.

14. Boots: The boots may be black or dark gray in color. The heels are low, and there are no visible laces. A wide strap may be included that goes over the top of the foot.

Costume Accessories:

15. Back Armor: The back armor plate is made of a rigid material that continues the design of the front armor around so that the torso is fully enclosed. The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze to a copper tone. There are six silver o-rings hanging from the base of the armor.

16. Lightsaber(s): If the costumer is portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic, a single lightsaber is used. If the lightsaber includes a blade, the blade is red. If the costumer is portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, then two lightsabers are carried. If the lightsabers are bladed, one blade is red, and the other is purple. The hilt midsection is silver, with the emitter head and back pommel sections showing gold or brass in color.