• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

CotF Nihilus WiP, nearly done !

Rem

Hello friends,

Here I am almost at the end of my adventure and my CotF Darth Nihilus is almost ready.

Yesterday I received my dress made by Ilenia Moreni from the Leggende Segrete boutique on Etsy, and I was able to do a first fitting.

The costume is very comfortable to wear, and I really like Ilenia's work, but I have a feeling that the whole thing is a little... puffy, especially with the hood.

Personally I like the rendering, it gives a very ghostly look but I'm afraid that my GML won't approve. I would like to have your opinion before doing my photo shoot for validation.

PS : I ordered the rigid part of the headdress from Twi'Lek Pam (hello Pam if you're there :D), but I'm having a little trouble getting it to fit into the hood, since Ilenia made the "cat ears " in fabric.

Here's the look : 

IMG_0586.thumb.jpeg.ae30b928f9a59249e3d77aaf18a857bd.jpeg

Thank you for your feedback!

Hello 

Your observation is correct, the hood needs work to fit the part from Pam - I have the same one and I worked the hood around it and used velcro to have it stay in place. It will not fit with already made cat-ears on the fabric, when the seller didn´t have the part to work with.  

The pic comes up very blurry for me, so I am having a hard time to see the other details, but do remember also, that the cape is not allowed to go out over the arms like you have right now. You will need to put snaps or velcro on your shoulders and cape for it to sit right and get it to go up over the shoulders and down the back. 

I am also unsure about your gloves, on your right arm it looks like the glove isn´t formfitted but flares out ? perhaps it is just the way you stand. 

And I can´t see if the sleeves are quilted ? 

The outer skirt looks a bit off as to the CRL, that you can find here : Costuming:SL darth nihilus - Databank (501st.com)   

For us to give the best help, a picture of each part of the costume and pics of you suited up in natural lighting without the saber light will be appriciated - front/back/left/right side pictures ;-)    

But all in all, you´re almost there :-D 

Thank you for your answer !

I'll work on the hood like you said with velcro so it fits the shape of Pam's part.

About the rest, you are right about the cape, I just wore it wrong in the photo, it was a bit late haha. The sleeves are well padded like in the CRL, and for the moment I used my TIE pilot gloves while waiting to find some form-fitting at my size.

Normally the rest is CRL compliant, but I will do a new set of better quality photos soon to be sure.

Many thanks again for the follow-up, see you soon!

Okay, I'm finally done.

Here is my latest version, and I got word from my GML that is got validated, it's only a matter of days for the official announcement.

Thank you very much for your advice, and all the resources from this forum.

Nihilusface.thumb.JPG.9540a8cd5568fde00d38353583900c52.JPG

I wish y'all the very best !