• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Visas - In Progress

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here are some in-progress shots. If you click on the picture, it loads the huge image, just FYI.

dsc01469_t.jpg

dsc01480_t.jpg

dsc01481_t.jpg

dsc01496_t.jpg

dsc01500_t.jpg

dsc01502_t.jpg

To-Do List:

Hem and tailor under dress

Add gold border to under dress

Add sliver to gloves

Headpiece

Buy shoes

Red belt

Okay - so, I've been working on the headpiece today. And, it keeps puckering at the top "corners". After closer inspection of the headpieces that are done, it looks like they folder over around the ear area. Is this the case?

If so, how did you connect the two pieces - sewing?

Guest Anonymous

Well, I am coming along. The only thing I have left to do is paint the gold trim on the sleeves. That's so fraking time consuming! I found some great shoes on eBay (thanks for the suggestions) and finally figured out the head piece. I'll have the finished pictures by Sunday - yay!

Guest Daritha

Looks good. Some details need to be corrected, but I named them over at the RL forum. Just want to point out here that I like your Visas. :)

Nicely done! I think we'd look quite like sisters if we wore our costumes side by side.

Some suggestions I would make for improvement:

The sleeves look a bit too long. The shape reminds me of a dress that Lady Guenevere would be wearing in a castle, rather than the shorter, less pointed sleeves of Visas. (I hate to say that, knowing how much time you had to put into painting the designs!)

normal_VisasConcept.jpg

I would also suggest shortening the red dress a bit so that it doesn't create a red line around the base of the black dress. I had to do that, because my red dress was longer at first, too.

If you'd like to have the red more visible in the slit up the side of the overdress, you can cut a narrow triangular shape out of the overdress to make that opening more apparent.

Wonderful job on the gold designs!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Just one observation - the lobes of your ears are clearly visible under the veil. While the CRLs are silent on whether or not this is acceptable, my personal preference is for the ears to be invisible, since in-game, Visas' ears are never seen.

Guest Anonymous

Welcome aboard, Starbuck! If a Visas is what you're interested in, I'd suggest you read through the threads in this folder. Many of us have made the costume - either version - and we all came to our own conclusions about fabric. You might get some ideas as you nose around, since the fabric discussion is only but one item that we all talk endlessly about in these threads. :wink:

Happy reading/researching!!