• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Asajj Ventres Mexican costume

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello I am Mexican and I'm making my Asajj Ventress costume, I'll upload some pictures of my progress to go by putting your comments.

Because I want to do my best to be approved.

annexed pictures of the progress of my belt and armor.

The belt is put on a skirt, that does not occupy in my costume.

Thanks! :D

Guest Sakara

hi! welcome!

do you mean that skirt isnt going to be used for the costume? I was going to say shiny fabrics arent really suitable for Asajj.

More Asajj always welcome, we'll help where we can. Which version are you working on?

If it is the clone wars concept it appears the top is inverted as that one is dark on the sides and lighter gray in the middle.

Guest Anonymous

thanks for the welcome and comments, oh I have put the skirt is not the one I use for the costume, I'll use a cotton cloth that is not brilliant but I have not done yet, as do the strokes they sent pictures to see skirt finished.

use as a reference for the belts of Asajj sideshow and I have thought of doing the whole body light gray with black leather collar and above the armor.

leave a picture of the fabric I'll use for the skirt.

Guest Daritha

Judging from the riffled armor "vest" it looks to me like her body armor version.

I was going to say shiny fabrics arent really suitable for Asajj.

But Ventress is shiny (in a Joss Whedon Firefly meaning ^^).

Guest Sakara
Judging from the riffled armor "vest" it looks to me like her body armor version.

I was going to say shiny fabrics arent really suitable for Asajj.

But Ventress is shiny (in a Joss Whedon Firefly meaning ^^).

haha true..but dont confuse the poor girl! :lol::lol:

The top does seem like the Armour Version, and the doll is more along the lines of the Concept Version.

So to help best, first the version of Asajj you want to complete would need to be decided.

Concept:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1220

or

Armour:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1222

I'm partial to the Concept version myself but that is another story altogether.

BritaAsajj2.jpg

Best of luck with it Sith Leim, let us know how we can help. :)

Guest Anonymous

I have a costume Asajj Ventress from Clone Wars cartoon series but is not allowed, so I am making some modifications to this time I can enlist in the legion.

I'm trying to do it in a more real;'ll see another fabric in the skirt so it does not shine, I changed the diamond belt by a leather belt, I add some pictures of my costume earlier to see my makeup and my sabers.

Thanks for your comments and help.

in few day i´ll post new pictures of my progres

too, im post the pictures of the version i make in this time

post-1-142759260892_thumb.jpg

OK, looks like the Armored version is what you want then. Be sure and have a look at the standards for that one:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1222

The one from the cartoon is allowed with the more realistic details and is referred to as the Sash Belt Version. The standards for that one can be seen here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1221

:)

Guest Anonymous

hello again, yesterday I made my gloves, I took the skin of one of my jackets.

I have some photos.

Thanks for the references of Asajj armor.

The costume of the cartoon will keep it unchanged as it has a special value for me ...

Guest Anonymous

hello again

I leave on my last progress photo of my Asajj of armor.

still not finished my skirt

Comments are welcome.

Guest Anonymous

Your makeup looks great! What kind and brand did you use? And did you mix white & black to get that perfect grayish white color?

Guest Anonymous

thank you very much for your comments, it was thought of placing the bald one I used before.

Add a photo of the makeup and accessories to occupy. All the technique to turn a little gray makeup is only with shades of gray and black with their faces painted in white base.

Guest Anonymous

my costume

hello, the weekend went as a recruit of the Mexican garrison and I have some pictures to complete my disguise I hope I can help if you need some extra things for me to enlist, I would love to give me their points of view, I check some details and I must improve to make it more comfortable.

Guest Daritha

The costume looks good but I think you need to redo the baldcap. I can clearly see it in contrast to your skin. The baldcap is too white. Either you need to darken the baldcap or you need brighter make-up. However, everything else is looking fine to me, but I leave the judgement to the Ventress experts. ^^

Guest Anonymous

I also think the difference is too glaring white of the bald with my face and I hate, I've been thinking seriously because I shave my color match and hardly will achieve that the latex is the color of my face because if makeup on my face I do alienate much whiter finishing touches your skin gray Asajj

thanks for the comments

Building up some skin tone make-up on the cap before you start the other would help, applied with a sponge to replicate the natural texture of the skin and then apply makeup to yourself and the cap together so it is smoother.

I only used a cap a couple of times but this sort of technique worked well for me.

Guest Anonymous

muchas gracias Crane! no sabes lo importante que es para mi

que mi master mexicano me de sus comentarios y sugerencias!

Te quiero mucho! Asajj Asajj go go go!!!

Guest Anonymous

Hi all after a long time without writing.

Enter a few months ago to study fashion and I decided to get my cloak of Asajj Ventress, and still not managed to match the tone of my skin with that of the bald.

I hope I can give their views on it.

Then take pictures with full costume show them pictures.

I hope you enjoy = D