• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My New Darth Nihilus let me No what you think

Twi'lek Pam

Hi, Phil.

It's always hard for me to review a costume that somebody got from somebody else, because it's hard to offer them compliments on their work when they didn't do the work. "Nice job writing that check!" doesn't seem like quite the right complient to offer! :-D

I would suggest that you start by looking through the standards for that version of Nihilus, and compare your costume to it one piece at a time.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=849

For starters, I would suggest working on the hood and sleeves.

The forehead of that mask is extremely tall to begin with, and adding a too-tall hood crown area makes it even taller. As it is now, it reminds me of the impossibly high forhead of the Sith Witch. It will help to improve the attachment of the hood at the front.

big_pic.jpg

The way the hood drapes around the shoulders needs work as well, and the knot is a bit thin and funky. The knot should be higher, and more substantial.

The sleeves are considerably too large for you, so they look too baggy, and I suspect that's the reason why they're not well tucked into the gloves.

It appears that the cape is really short... is it only reaching to your knees? That should be as long as the robes.

Hope that helps you get started!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Phil I'm thinking you are somewhat maybe taller than the last owner of the costume???? Also I have been noticing alot of Nihilus's belts done with 2 rivets on each side. One above the small strap and one below it. I was just told that that's not correct???????

Good improvement on the length of the cape! I would suggest taking some time to tatter the edges a bit more to make it look really worn out, and not just cut up. Folks have used everything from cheese graters to wire brushes to fray the edges of the fabric... it really does make a big difference. Washing and drying the fabric can help the edges look worn, too, because it loosens the fibers.

A two-part belt with black posts above and below the smaller front belt is correct.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Pam about the info on belt as my GML first told me no but now I guess he's waiting on other people I believe on 501 to let him know what is correct. So I'm sitting here waiting to hear back on my Nihilus as well. Also I got your PM and thank you for the info Pam.

Also I believe I know who owned the Nihilus pictured in this thread previously before Phil. My belt looks like this one for the most part.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Fallout. please, what did you use as the black face cover under the mask? thanks.

I plan on buying myself one of those motorcycle style face-guards.

:)