• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Making a Darth Talon or Aayla Secura

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey everyone

Just a quick question. I've currently gotten all the info i need to start on a Darth Revan but because i doubt any costume i start now will be finished by summer (im in Australia and will melt if i do Revan in summer) im now starting to think i should have started with Talon or Aayla.

Is anyone able to help with pricing, parts and body paint ideas for one of the two mentioned above?? Would be greatly appreciated.

xoxoxox Kitty xoxoxox

:lol::wink::oops::mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

Hi Kitty

I have a Darth Revan and I live in Brisbane. Its hot but its not that hot.

Its not the worst costume. It seems a shame if you have it there you dont put it together.

Where do you live?

Draco

Hi,

Since you're new to costuming, and working on a limited budget, my advice is to start out with an Aayla costume rather than Talon. You'll be happier with the final results if you learn the basics of body paint, wearing lekku, and sewing form-fitting costumes before you start working on the really challenging outfits. I've been costuming as a Twi'lek for years, and even I find Talon a difficult and expensive costume to make.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys

I live in adelaide and look forward to making a Revan soon

Pam, thanks for that info. I am also looking forward to making an Aayla soon too. Are you able to help with a Lekku or know someone who could? Thank you

Hi,

Sure I can help. But first, I have to know what you need help with. Are you planning to make your own lekku, or buy them? Are you wanting them to be made out of fabric, or latex?

For info on latex lekku, you can see how they're done here:

http://chucrew.com/Twilek/latexlekku.html

Or, for fabric lekku, here's the best tutorial I know of:

http://www.completewermosguide.com/lekku.html

Pam :-)