• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Asajj Boots

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys!

As I have just finished my Aayla cossie and got it cleared I am finally moving back onto my Ventress project!

I orginally purchased the cossie from your own resident Sakara, but sadly due to my weirdly long upper body the top doesn't fit properly and the boots were just a tad too small for long troops.

So I am going to rework parts of it, but am hoping to use the belt in at least one version of the cossie, namely the "sash" version, with the white top with grey banding, as its such a piece of art in itself!

I am however also going to make a "concept art version" of Asajj and for that I need some boot advice, if possible.

I would ideally like to get some boots with buckles, as in the pictures, and I would need them to be accurate enough for 501st clearance.

i.e. these boots

doll_joined_sabers_front.jpg

I saw that another member here, TK6232, used these boots:

IMG_0464.JPG

what's the consensus on the accuracy of these? Would anyone recommend something else? tbh, I would be open to getting plain boots and then simply making the buckles myself etc. If these are accurate, can anyone recommend a good supplier? I'm thinking if not, I may just try and get myself down to Camden in London ;)

Just for a summary, what I currently have:

Cloak

Belt

Leggings

Gauntlets/Vanguards

I am a seamstress, so will make a new top myself, for both versions of the costume I am making, based on the design by Sakara!

I already own an airbrush and compressor from my Twi'lek costume project and am acquiring new alcohol based paint in the very near future as well as familiarising myself with baldcaps ;) Thankfully Kris has again provided me with all the suppliers I will need!

So yes, thanks for looking and hope you guys can help me out :)

Fran x

PS Shameless plug: As Sakara's top doesnt fit me, I am still selling that part of the costume in your FS section!

Looks to me that the boots pictured are a pretty good match. Thomas could say for sure.

from the standards for the concept version, the boots could be buckled or unbuckled I believe. If you'd like to see what I used check out my costume thread.

If I can provide any help with the costume feel free and ask.

SL7998.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Nice, an other Ventress 8) I'm curious to see the end result of your costume! Do you already have pictures of it ? :D

Guest Anonymous

Hey there!

Thanks for the help so far :)

No pics of the costume yet, but I did a makeup test run tonight, because I was bored ;)

Ventressk2.jpg

I photoshopped out my hair (was in a ponytail) and photoshopped my eyes, as I have no contacts here I can put in right now

So anyway, am going to go full blast this week and try and do as much as I can to the cossie as I have the week off! WIP pics to follow!

Fran x

Fun, it is looking good.

As has been linked elsewhere, if you'd like, my husband put the template we use for the tattoos online here.

Guest Anonymous
Fun, it is looking good.

As has been linked elsewhere, if you'd like, my husband put the template we use for the tattoos online here.

Oh, fantastic!! I was JUST talking to my other half about how we were going to do that bit ;)

Many thanks!!! :)

Guest Sakara

Great makeup test!!Really very cool.

Do what i did with my Selene character. I bought some buckles, strips of thin belt leather and sewed them to a good pair of boots. That way you can look for the boot shape without worrying about the buckles.

Guest Anonymous

I've had these boots bookmarked for a while. They would need a little work to put buckles on instead of the buttons, but I think they are fairly spot on. I hope you have small-ish feet.

Booties

They are called "Blowfish Humvee Black" if you want to try other sites for other sizes.

Guest Anonymous

Two things.

1. 1. Don't buy from Shoes.com if you are interested in customer service. I didn't even place an order and they were horrid.

• 2. If you are interested in the Humvee boots and you can fit into a size 6, go to
Endless.com. Free two-day shipping (I got my overnight) and very affordable.

Despite not being able to get my costume up and running in time for CV, I have my boots!

Sorry about the crap picture. Crap cell phone camera + bad lighting + knobby knees = lousy picture. :P

boots.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I bought these boots on shoes.com:

http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDe ... =undefined

They are $79 with free shipping, plus they have a 15% off right now so it is only $67 and change! Don't know about customer service with these guys, but I will see when I get the boots how it goes! Says 5-7 business days. Will post if/when I get them as to how good they are or not!

Working on my Ventress Concept costume now! And also thinking of the Sash Belt version. We will see which gets done first!

Karen

Guest A'Sharad Hett

My wife debuted her Ventress in the biggest event here in Italy two months ago:

154485_10150142904268761_546013760_7951198_5253555_n.jpg

It seems I cannot find a pic where the boots are visible, but I found an old one:

n1251724517_30041564_4782.jpg

She got them from a british store long ago, http://www.pennangalan.co.uk/, but I believe you can find lots of boots of this kind in any "goth" store, retail or etail.

The funny part is she started working on Ventress a long before realizing she already had the right boots for years :>

ahhh Pennangalan. Great store, though always check their information as many of their boots run much smaller than normal sizes. These are the guys who made the boots for Angelina Jolie for her Tomb Raider films.

Well made boots, i believe these are the ones your wife has -

http://www.pennangalan.co.uk/boots/FW105.php

although i see your wife has a strap that is almost at her toes...might be a discontinued design.