• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My "finished" Darth Nihilus (ok I think I have it this time)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I put finished in quotes because no costume is ever truley finished. But I am done with it so far and I am submitting my pictures as I type this. I am posting them here also so I can get some constructive crit. Mind you this is the first time I have worn the whole thing so the horns and hood may not be sitting just right.

1352738.th.jpg

1352741.th.jpg

1352742.th.jpg

1352743.th.jpg

Hi,

Your pictures are pretty dark (we always have that problem, too!), so it's pretty hard to see the details in your pictures, but from what I can see you do sitll need to tweak a few details.

First, the "horns/cat ears" do need adjustment. They're down too low to the sides. You also need to clean up the way the hood hangs around them... there's an awful lot of fabric ballooned around your head. That might change when you change the shape of the triangles at the top.

Next, your face needs to be hidden by a tight-fitting blackout mask. We need to be able to see the shape of your face beneath it. Loose cloth is not accepted.

And, there appears to be a long piece of cloth hanging down the front, like a tie. I'm guessing that it might be fabric that is hanging from the cape's knot. If so, it needs to be removed. No fabric hangs from the knot.

Beyond that, I can't offer much more advice because I can't see the details in the picture. It would help to be outdoors, perhaps, so that you'll have more light. All-black clothing is really difficult to photograph in a dim room.

I'm glad to see another EU costume nearing completion!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the advise this was my very first time trying everything on and to be honest I couldn't find my undermask when I took the pictures so I had to improvise. I can adjust the horns that won't be an issue. I am going to try and get better pics later on this week.

Hi,

The hood is quite massive. The "cat ears" are huge, and there's way too much fabric ballooned around your head. It makes the mask look very small, and the mask should be the dominant feature. That thing should look freaky!

Set your pictures side-by-side with the reference pictures of Nihilus, and you'll be able to see a comparison of how large the hood should be. Bring that in, and you'll see a great improvement!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I was actually doing that earlier today and was thinking the same thing. All I have to do is cut the frame a little bit to make the ears smaller. I hope I dont have to take pictures of the whole thing again for submission LOL.

Guest Anonymous

ok I think I FINALLY have it. I took a couple of quick photos last night. (these are not ment for submission or details (I know the lighting was horrible)) This was just to get the positioning of the horns right.

1002731w.th.jpg

1002730w.th.jpg