• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Demon's Darth Traya

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Pretty much re-do the entire thing!!!! :shock::lol:

Mold her headpiece out of leather, sew her robe with the shoulder gathers, make HER belt, thin & cut her hair, put the latex on, put the contacts in......

(When my avatar pic was taken, I'd spent 6 HOURS in line to get a D*C membership, so I didn't have much time to do everything I wanted to do.... :? )

& here's a question for ALL of you: In all the pix of Traya, her hair lays on her shoulders. Now, I KNOW hair doesn't lay like that naturally!!! the question is; Do I sew her hair into place, so it lays like that on her shoulders? Or just let the hair fall the way it does?

Guest Anonymous

I suspect letting it fall will be ok, once you greatly thin and trim the wig. Her hair isn't particularly long, and the "braids" (gathered hair, whatever) are much thinner around than what you have. It may be that they'll behave ok once you trim and thin stuff down to size.

If not, you could always tack it...but that'd make getting in and out of the wig sort of an adventure!

- Carolyn

Guest Anonymous

Unfortuntely, it doesn't lay any differently when it's short & thinned..... :?

& it's not so much a wig as a headpiece. The hair is sewn to a piece of black fabric that goes over the balacava. The leather headdress will be mounted to that & tied onto my head.

I'd have NO problem tacking her hair to the "cap", that way it'll all just pull right onto my head. :)

The 2 most diffacult things to do (& I say that with a grin!) is putting in the contacts & putting the wrinkles on.... :wink::lol::lol::lol:

She's VERY comfortable to wear!!!(Good thing I'm used to heavy make-up!!! :lol:8) )

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm...would different wig hair work better? From that small photo, it looks like the stuff you have is that kind of "wooly" synthetic variety. Perhaps a wig made from acrylic would lie more like real hair? Just a thought to explore.

What do you use by way of makeup? :)

- Carolyn

Guest Cleverlilminx

To me, based on the avatar photo, the hair looks like what is called "kinky braid" or "Kanekalon Jumbo braid". I know this since that is what I use to make goth dreads with.

You need "silky" hair extentions, or a wig made of this hair.

Here is a link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/silky_braid.html

You probably would only want 1-2 bags for just the braids or plenty more bags if you were considering making an entire wig.

The colors you would be interested in are codes "SN" & "SL".

As far as tacking to the gown... why? I wouldn't bother with that myself.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, thank you for the brand-name...that's the kind of stuff I was thinking of as well, but didn't know what it was called.

- Carolyn

Guest Cleverlilminx

I moved all posts having to do with this to this thread to save on any confusion.

Ok Demon, this is your spot so chat away about your costume. :D

Guest Anonymous

Ok, we'll be doin' Traya in about a week & I need some of YOUR thoughts...... :wink:

Thomas cleared up the color of the jewel on her headdress-red

But on her hair holder bands, it looks like she has a band of copper(?) encircling each band by the top & bottom? Should I paint it on or use copper wire, or copper bands?

& once again; tack the hair into place, on her shoulders OR let the hair hang like it does??????

And ANY thoughts on a sabre? I've got 3 different sabres, none of them anyone in particulars........

Thanks for the help! :twisted: I should have pix for ya in about 2 weeks!! :wink::twisted:

Guest Cleverlilminx

Demon, post a photo of the headband itself so we can see what it is your referring to.

We have given you answers about the hair already, I would try getting the look of the hair right before worrying about tacking it down to the costume. In fact, I would recommend against trying to do that as you could junk up the hair in the process and it can come off looking rather unnatural or messy in the end.

Lightsabers, please visit the Darth Nihilus photo gallery, all sabers used in KOTOR II are displayed there.

Guest Anonymous

Demon, I was using the KOTOR SaveGame Editor yesterday to get good reference shots of the Revan armor (the SaveGame Editor allows you, among other things, to access all of the character models and substitute them for party members, allowing one to get good shots of NPCs that don't always show up that often in the normal course of the game). While I was doing so, I figured I should get references of some of the other characters we discuss here on the boards.

I took a number of shots of Darth Traya and will post them in the next few days to her gallery (it might not be today or tomorrow as I have a 56k modem at home and may wait until I can sneak 'em up through my work connection over lunch). I have about 3 closeup shots of Traya's face and hair, including a few showing her eyes (you'll need black scleral contacts if you want those done accurately), one or two full or nearly full shots of her front and one from behind to show the full black robes.

Likewise, I took shots of Nihilus I'll post to that board.

I won't put up much by way of commentary, since I've not researched those costumes as much, but hopefully they'll be helpful to people who just want some clear images.

- Carolyn

Guest Anonymous

:shock: WOW!!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo much, Carolyn!!!!!!! :wink::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Those are some fabulous screen caps!!!! They'll help IMMENSLEY!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! :twisted::wink::twisted::wink::twisted::wink::twisted:

Look at the "bands" on her hair bands........

TrayaFace2.jpg

Wire? Or bands?

& I have black contact lenses. It's been awhile since I've tried sceleras, but I could only wear 'em for about a 1/2 hour before my eyes start crying..... :P I CAN "dye" my eyes & put the black contacts in for long periods. Is THAT gonna' be a problem? I can wear the sceleras long enough for pictures, but that'd be about it...... :roll::?

Guest Anonymous

With contacts, I'd think "safety first" is always the most important consideration. If sclerals hurt your eyes, DON'T wear them. Or pop 'em in for pictures and take them out. If dying is at all dangerous, DON'T do it. Seriously...it's a costume and your eyes are...your eyes! :)

As for the bands...whatever makes it look right is what you want. If that's wire, go for wire. :) After all, it's a videogame, they don't have to make things that make actual real-life sense. The best we can do is experiment with stuff until we get the look and feel as close as possible.

I would say that the bands are not copper, but definitely blood red. Looks almost like a wide band of black fabric with red piping at top and bottom.

And you're welcome!

- Carolyn

Guest Cleverlilminx
I would say that the bands are not copper, but definitely blood red. Looks almost like a wide band of black fabric with red piping at top and bottom.

I agree 110% with Carolyn on this.

As far as contacts go...

Discuss this with the LMO directly since we do not have standards for this costume yet.

Guest Cleverlilminx
Hey! no left hand! there was a lot of blood when we cut it off.. I think we should have cauterized it.. :lol:

:shock:

Blood... ewwwww...

Guest Anonymous

You know, a lightsaber SHOULD have cauterized it. Don't tell me you lopped it off with a kitchen knife or something. That's so...low tech.

Looking good! Looking forward to seeing more as it comes along!

- Carolyn

Guest Cleverlilminx
You know, a lightsaber SHOULD have cauterized it. Don't tell me you lopped it off with a kitchen knife or something. That's so...low tech.

LMAO

That's the funniest thing I read all day!! :lol:

Guest Darth Revan

Looks really good? I don't think so...

It looks DEAD ON perfect!!

I can't wait to see the final head peice. Awesome job Arx.

Guest Anonymous
Looks really good? I don't think so...

It looks DEAD ON perfect!!

I can't wait to see the final head peice. Awesome job Arx.

Yes, let me revise my earlier statement to second Darth Revan's. *grin*

- Carolyn

Guest Cleverlilminx

Impressive...

*Gears up to throw my former master up against a wall and exile her out of the Sith Order*