• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Announcement

Welcome to the new forums!

-DarthBrute

TK44921 Sith Acolyte Build

4 minutes ago, JamesMapes2017 said:

Used three different colour paints. Then rubbed down slowly but surely with soft wire wool.
Where you planning to buy your armour from ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im ordering it from vader's vault. doing research on the weathering techniques

• Like 1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/473845862/made-to-order-sith-acolyte-hooded-robe?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith+acolyte+robe&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&frs=1

im looking eventually at this one

• Like 1
6 hours ago, WW2Reenactor44 said:

Overall I like the appearance of this robe. However, the second red stripe (top-most stripe) on this one appears rather thick compared with the CRL.  The CRL says the second stripe should be approximately 1/2 inch wide. I might suggest looking around to see if there are other options.

Here's another option on Etsy, but I wish it had pictures of the robe on a mannequin or person. I also don't see details on what the robe is constructed from.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/159853467/sith-acolyte-costume-poplin-robe-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith+acolyte+robe&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

On 7/9/2020 at 1:07 PM, JamesMapes2017 said:

Hi TK Kieth.

I have been working on small bits here and there but I don't feel I'm at the stage where I can show much progress from my last update. I know that was some time ago now but as soon as I feel happy with the work I will post up more pics for feedback.

Work has also slowed my build down a fair bit as well.

Thanks for asking though.
James

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hear ya- many builds have an ebb and flow to the amount of time we can put into them.  

LOL I have a FO-TK riot baton kit that has been sitting on my workbench for like 2 years.  

Stay healthy and enjoy your build!

Overall I like the appearance of this robe. However, the second red stripe (top-most stripe) on this one appears rather thick compared with the CRL.  The CRL says the second stripe should be approximately 1/2 inch wide. I might suggest looking around to see if there are other options.

Here's another option on Etsy, but I wish it had pictures of the robe on a mannequin or person. I also don't see details on what the robe is constructed from.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/159853467/sith-acolyte-costume-poplin-robe-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith+acolyte+robe&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

I can ask the maker if they can follow the CRL guidelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 3 weeks later...