Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TK44921 Sith Acolyte Build

4 minutes ago, JamesMapes2017 said:

Used three different colour paints. Then rubbed down slowly but surely with soft wire wool.
Where you planning to buy your armour from ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im ordering it from vader's vault. doing research on the weathering techniques

• Like 1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/473845862/made-to-order-sith-acolyte-hooded-robe?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith+acolyte+robe&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&frs=1

im looking eventually at this one

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WW2Reenactor44 said:

Overall I like the appearance of this robe. However, the second red stripe (top-most stripe) on this one appears rather thick compared with the CRL.  The CRL says the second stripe should be approximately 1/2 inch wide. I might suggest looking around to see if there are other options.

Here's another option on Etsy, but I wish it had pictures of the robe on a mannequin or person. I also don't see details on what the robe is constructed from.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/159853467/sith-acolyte-costume-poplin-robe-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith+acolyte+robe&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

On 7/9/2020 at 1:07 PM, JamesMapes2017 said:

Hi TK Kieth.

I have been working on small bits here and there but I don't feel I'm at the stage where I can show much progress from my last update. I know that was some time ago now but as soon as I feel happy with the work I will post up more pics for feedback.

Work has also slowed my build down a fair bit as well.

Thanks for asking though.
James

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hear ya- many builds have an ebb and flow to the amount of time we can put into them.  

LOL I have a FO-TK riot baton kit that has been sitting on my workbench for like 2 years.  

Stay healthy and enjoy your build!

Overall I like the appearance of this robe. However, the second red stripe (top-most stripe) on this one appears rather thick compared with the CRL.  The CRL says the second stripe should be approximately 1/2 inch wide. I might suggest looking around to see if there are other options.

Here's another option on Etsy, but I wish it had pictures of the robe on a mannequin or person. I also don't see details on what the robe is constructed from.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/159853467/sith-acolyte-costume-poplin-robe-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith+acolyte+robe&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

I can ask the maker if they can follow the CRL guidelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, WW2Reenactor44 said:

I can ask the maker if they can follow the CRL guidelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, I hope they will be able to do that!