• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

By the Emperor's Hand Mara

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just finished my costume for the local comic convention where I got a couple of good pics with my local garrison. I did, however forget the neck pieces and to take off my glasses. Curse my horrible vision. This is only the first draft of this outfit. There are numerous things that I would now like to change that I've actually worn it out... like making some sort of access so I can actually go to the bathroom without completely disrobing...

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

We always, always, always come away from our costume debuts with a list of things to fix and upgrade, don't we? It's tradition!

I must admit, though... even though this is one of my favorite Mara costumes, I enjoyed seeing a picture of you wearing it even more than seeing the costume. You look a LOT like one of the teachers from the school where I work. She has made fun of my SW costuming several times, so seeing someone who looks like her wearing a Mara costume really made my day! :-D

Make sure to share your pictures as you upgrade the costume!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I'd love to see updates to this one!! I'm working on it for a friend right now. Did you take your inspiration from the statue/figure? I know that one has the cape/robe thing. Just curious. Keep us posted if you update it!

Guest Anonymous

I did a sort of combination of the comic and figure as inspiration. The costume is actually in five pieces and essentially made out of bedsheets. Hey, we've got to do drastic things when we're strapped for cash and needing to scratch the costuming itch, right? One of the reasons I want to redo this is because the fabric quality is so bad on much of it. I'm currently working on my ID for approval (Isard. yummy) but will probably start tweaking this after that.