• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Caedus

Guest Daritha

Guest Daritha

I think that's an excellent start. Also, as an additional source you have "Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force" with this picture (part of the picture depicting the Funeral of Mara Jade Skywalker):

JacenCaedus.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I don't think it looks brown in that shot, just really washed out, lol. My copy of the book itself is packed away, or I'd look at it there. My one question here is whether we have an image from the back.

The costume must have reference images from at least three different LFL sources. The references must all represent the same costume, and must show both the front and the back sides.

The quote is from the front page of the website.

I don't think there are enough references for Caedus to be approved yet. While there are a few paintings, most of them only show his upper body. We need to have more references that show his full body and the back side of the costume. I believe Thomas (the legion membership officer), mentioned in another Caedus thread that he's hoping to see a Darth Caedus action figure someday that we could use as another full-body reference.

I'll repeat the advice that we give quite often on these boards: If you really want to make a costume, then make it because you want to. If you want to make a costume specifically so that you can join a group, however, then it's safer to select a costume that is already approved by that group. I don't think Caedus will get anyone into the legion quite yet. In time, perhaps, but not with the limited references that we have now.

Pam :-)

I believe the costume is meant to be black. The picture that seems brownish was done that way to give everyone a somber funeral look, and there are misty overlays as well, so the colors in the painting appear lighter than they're meant to be.

Guest Anonymous

Finally somebody's doing a Caedus!

My take on the pictures is this - Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Robes in ROTS appeared to be a black but they're actually some black on the leather and many different shades of very dark brown. I'd honestly do a similar look with Caedus just because it photographs better and tends to look better in general, imho.

Even if there aren't three full references yet, I would go ahead and do it if you want to simply because you want to - which is a justification enough for costuming. :)

Best of luck!

Guest Anonymous

I'm working on a Caedus outfit too. Sorta started around Halloween last year, been off an on with it. When thinking about what character I liked most, I thought of Caedus, and I just so happened to resemble him with some facial features in a couple ways so I thought, PERFECT! lol. When I get it done, perhaps I'll post some pictures here (might be a while).

It would be really cool if it could be approved though so I can go attend some Star Wars events with the 501st. I guess I don't quite understand the whole process, but it seems like as long as there is a body shot or two, then dressing up like that picture should suffice. Perhaps I'm a bit more casual over this, but I just don't think we may see too many more pictures of him for a while, maybe never.

8)

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I did some research, and I found this:

-------------------

That looks quite accurate based on my research.

Also I made this little research image:

outfitevidence.th.jpg

Also besides the above, there is this image:

jacen.jpg

That was Darth Caedus still pretending to be light.

Besides that, I couldn't find much else. How much more is required to make this a 501st except-able character?

The general consensus wihin the 501st is that the more recognizable characters are desired. In order to avoid approving obscure characters, or characters who don't have enough references to help make an accurate costume, the 3-references rule was designed. The basis for the rule is that a character and their costume will be well-known when they've earned at least three different references from Lucasfilm's artists, animators, sculptors, etc. In order for Caedus to be approved, he will need more full-body images, or potentially an action figure, showing both the front and back of his costume. All of the assorted front-only upper torso shots will not be sufficient for approval. Like we've mentioned before, if you really like the costume, then by all means make it for yourself. If approval is your only goal, then you'd be better served by making a costume that would be approved. I don't see this one being accepted anytime soon.