• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mask question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I have been looking here at pictures on the Nihilus mask and I can´t understand if there is a difference between the COTF and KOTOR version.

They look the same sometimes or is it just my eyes :shock: .

If there is a difference can someone put a link or pic on a COTF verion of the mask.

Many thanks

// Jimmy

There are two disctinct looks to the Nihilus masks.... but the various artists have been using them interchangeably for some time now, so it is hard to set any rule about them in stone at this point.

In general, though, a KOTOR version should have a more flat look to it, and it should have a "fan" shaped design at the very top, like this:

normal_WebNihilusCloseup1.jpgnormal_darth%2Bnihilus%2Bmask%2Bhood%2Blightened.jpg

The COTF version should look more like a skull, with deeper and more rounded sculpting, and the design at the top has a circular element to it, rather than the fan, like this:

normal_COTFNihilusMask.jpg

Of course, like I mentioned, the artists soon began to mix and match the elements that they liked, so you also see things like the flat KOTOR mask with the COTF forehead decoration, just to make things more difficult for us!

normal_KOTORBooklet.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Woow, that was helpful. Since I am not able to make a mask on my own I will need to get one from someone who makes them.

Now I can at least compare if they are good or not for me ( ok, for my wife :) ).

And as you say, the mask makers is mixing alot and even people having a Nihilus costume have it right on top of the head but not all other details (if you know what I mean).

Many thanks Pam 8)

// Jimmy