• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Updated Darth Nihilus

Guest DarthSisk

Guest DarthSisk

I attempted to get this approved, and was told 3 things were wrong.

1. The belt which should have 3 layers (which it does, but not visible in the pictures, simply based on the dimensions of the belt itself)

2. The fabric is too shiny. (which I agree, and I dyed it, so it does not have a shine anymore)

3. the cape and hood are not one single piece of fabric (which I see other Nihiluses that have been approved that do not have a single piece of fabric for the cape and hood. Therefore, I decided to rig up a tacking system from the cape to the hood, and the effect was achieved.) Here are some pics of the mods I used.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt16 ... CF0609.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt16 ... CF0606.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt16 ... CF0608.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt16 ... CF0614.jpg

Guest Anonymous

your nihilus looks great bro!, keep going!.. u are walking in the dark pat for become to a Dark Lord of the Sith!

Later! ...

:D

Guest Daritha

The pictures are a little bit too bright for great details (the mask is very shiny ... in both common and FireFly uss of the word ^^). I think you should redo the "crown" and the part around the neck. I think that's not all right yet. But don't take my word for credit.

However, for what I can see: Go on and walking the path to the 4-part SL number. ;)

PS: I like the background a lot. The autumn adds a sadness to Nihilus that is, artistically, just wonderful. You can interpret so much in it. Sigh, loneliness ... Memento Mori. :cry:

Guest DarthSisk

Daritha,

I agree about the sides of the face, and have been working on a different tying system. Well actually, a fastening system. It will also make it easier to take on and off. It will also be a better looking knot as well. Hope the lighting is better in the pictures as well. Thanks for the tip. :D I'll put some pics up Tuesday, and see what you think.

Danke schön,

Kris

Guest DarthSisk
Guest Daritha

Hmmm ... I dunno. Somethin bothers me on your costume. Either the hood is too wide or the mask is too small.

Here for comparison:

NihilusFront.jpg

PS: I recommend you to use the [/img] code for your pictures. Its much easier to look and compare. ;)

Guest DarthSisk

Daritha,

This is true for that specific one, but I am doing the COTF version. :)

In the KOTOR II version, the headpiece is much more flanged out, and hangs down the chest further, connecting to the cape, but with no knot, or tattering.

In the COTF version, it comes from the top of the head, into a V-shape, with a knot, connecting to the cape, and the cape draping back and over the shoulders with a lot of tattering along the edges of the tunic, skirts, and the cape.

I apologize for not specifying that in the thread.

Thanks for the concern,

Kris

Guest Daritha

Oh, uhm, okay. The hood/mask is alright for the CotF version but I miss some details of the layers. Look here at Scot's Nihilus site. Your costume don't look voluminous enough. The hood part is okay (for the CotF version, say it altogether so I don't misjudge it anymore) but it breaks up on the shoulders. You're using just one layer of fabric, don't you? It's difficult to judge since its an all-black costume. :/

layers.jpg

Guest DarthSisk

Daritha,

I have a one piece inner tunic/inner skirt, a single piece outer tunic, and single piece outer skirt, and the cape. Including the cape, I have 3 layers. The inner tunic is connected to the sleeves, which are ribbed. I have been very particular about the standards, and have followed them to a T. :) I'll have to get some pictures of the individual layers added, but I don't know if that will be before Halloween, or not.

-Kris :D

Guest Daritha

Congratulation my now-brother-in-arms! We may live in different millennia but we fight for a common cause: For security, for the Empire ... and for little children who are thinking we are Darth Vader. -.-

Guest Anonymous

( to late..srry ) Omg!.. thats an exelent job my friend!, I feel so placed for your Nihilus!, Exelent Work!..

Now is time for rule in the Darkside, and make victory for the SIth!..

Care!..

\\- SL-6758-//

Guest DarthSisk

I've upgraded some of the parts. Including the strapping for my mask, the headdress, some velcro pieces, and my belt. I got some new boots as well. I will have pictures soon.

He was starting to fall apart after a lot of trooping.

I know the feeling well. When your costume starts to get a little worn around the edges, although for COTF Nihilus that isn't always a bad thing, lol. Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the upgraded kit!

Cheers,

Nef

Guest DarthSisk

The falling apart was a BAD falling apart. A falling apart that made him unwearable. It was just bad. I had left him in the tote for way too long, besides taking a break from trooping. But he'll soon be back in action just in time for this Halloween, and hopefully for a long time to come. I am putting durable upgrades into place that will ensure a long costume life. The only falling apart that was actually beneficial was the disgusting look of the tattering, which actually makes it look much better. :darkside: