• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Costuming Tutorial - Rough Draft

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Carolyn, I appreciate it will not be 501st spec but as Palpatine said, it cannot be learnt from a Jedi :twisted: There is a guy in UK called Chris who has a nice Revan costume. I got in touch with him via RLUK. he is also being very helpful. I am going to have more questions about molding, using clay, resin etc. You get some shut-eye now. I'm in no hurry. Best wishes, Iain (Ata-pala, Jedi in Exile).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

this tutorial is great!

i was highly considering going by this but i ran into two issues caused by my bad luck:

1. I'm military, pay raises take way too long to go through

2. not sure if i'd be able to utilize a VF table either here in Hawaii or back in Florida when i take leave soon

instead i was tempted on taking your tips on sculpting and molding the armor , as this has to be the FIRST and ONLY time someone has shown people in great detail on all aspecs of creation, and using resisn/fiberglass combination ontop of the scultped molds for the cuirass, mask, and vambraces.

know of any Lord Revan's that have taken this approach that i could get in contact with?

Guest Anonymous
Would love to see some pics, Deekos. :) Congrats!

- Carolyn

There you go Carolyn :)

WOW! I love the paint job on the body armor! Thank you for sending me the link to these! Sorry for the slowness of my reply, but I really enjoyed looking through the photos!

why is it that i cannot access this lol

This topic was created back in 2006, it's possible it has been taken down. The last time the OP posted i this thread was also three years ago... unless she returns I doubt you'll be able to see it, unfortunately. :(

ya i was going to utilize the source because im in the middle of taken care of my armor. i have tons of supplies and im just trying to figure out what works best. on the the next threads lol

From what I've been able to gather from her other threads (the OP of this thread posted in a bunch of others, you'll be able to find out roughly what she did), she used a cellulose-based clay (like ClayShay maybe?) to sculpt the cuirass, and had it vac-formed in ABS plastic. If you have someone in your garrison with that kind of capability, that's definitely an option if you can bribe him/her with lunch or something if they help you with the vac-forming process. Lol.

I believe she was making her vembraces out of sintra, although I can't see a lot of the pictures in that particular thread. (It's in the thermoplastics section.)

im unable to pick up the vacuum form, but i got a crap load of worbla and wonderflex. im going to try and make a pull with that. i also have a rough set up of the armor made with foam/fiberglass and bondo. im off for the next 5 days so i hope i can get some work done. on top of that the mask is starting to tweak my anger just a little bit lol its the details thats getting to me , but i appreciate the help

im unable to pick up the vacuum form, but i got a crap load of worbla and wonderflex. im going to try and make a pull with that. i also have a rough set up of the armor made with foam/fiberglass and bondo. im off for the next 5 days so i hope i can get some work done. on top of that the mask is starting to tweak my anger just a little bit lol its the details thats getting to me , but i appreciate the help

Oh hey, I'm going to make mine out of Worbla, too! IDK if you can make a "pull" of it, though...it's great for building as-is. sandwiching craft foam between two layers of Worbla gives you a nice, sturdy piece to work with. (Wonderflex works well this way, too.) As for the mask, I might just have to make a plaster cast of my face to help me with that one. I'd hate to make the mask and realize I put the eye slit in a position where I can't see out of it. XD

It's no problem. I haven't started my own Revan yet but I am currently using Worbla and wonderflex for another costume. Glad I can help. :)

ya worbla and wonderflex is a whole new world for me lol i have the rought draft build for the armor, then im going to to use the worbla then reinforce it with the wonderflex then resin. i usually use glass/bondo but it becomes to cumbersome. i want to try and to lighten it up. this is my first build ever so im learning as i go. as for the mask i just used a pep file, trust me it works. it cuts alot of the guessing out of your eye placement lol

You can also finish both worbla and wonderflex with gesso or wood glue. Gesso you have to sand down quite a bit, but it will give your piece a nice, finished look and you don't even have to mess with the resin if you don't want to.

I've done pep before, it just doesn't work for me. :/ I can never seem to get a shape to look right. I remember me and my buddy tried to build a pep Magnum pistol from Halo and it leaned very heavily to one side. XD Took us all weekend just to get the paper together! Lol. Anyway, hijacking this thread. If you have any more questions about Worbla or Wonderflex you can visit my thread (Sky's Revan Build) or PM me. :)