• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Traya....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thinking of doing a Darth Traya while waiting for the stencil to be done for my Visas Marr. Just wondering what sort of closures people have done for the belt as there is no obvious overlap or line for where the ends meet.

thanks

Guest Anonymous

well I have submitted my Traya off for approval. Not 100% happy with it as yet though. I need to go over the edges in the belt and hair ties to hide the difference in color and paint the heels of the boots. (ensuring the robe is pulled down properly and is hanging straight would be advisable also - my 'photographer' didn't mention it wasn't hanging right!)

My pics.... wish me luck in the approval - it's my first 'completed' 501st outfit

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02758.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

Guest Daritha

Despite the fact that the flashlight don't really for our DARK Lady, I like the costume. The contact lenses, the head dress, the wig(?) are looking really good.

Does the belt matches the references for her?

Oh ... and good luck, of course. :!:

Guest Anonymous

The camera flash was a bit rude. I had a hell of a job not blinking for the photos! Belt matches the reference though I made it a little large, will need to fix that so it pulls the robe in properly. Like with anything I consider it a work in progress, some things I'm not happy with but will work on it till I am happy or bored with it!

well I have submitted my Traya off for approval. Not 100% happy with it as yet though. I need to go over the edges in the belt and hair ties to hide the difference in color and paint the heels of the boots. (ensuring the robe is pulled down properly and is hanging straight would be advisable also - my 'photographer' didn't mention it wasn't hanging right!)

Nicely done! As I was scrolling through your pictures I began to wonder if you had made the complete headdress... then I scrolled a bit further, and there it was. It's very well made, especially for such a difficult design.

I think you're on the right track for the details that still need a bit of work. Blackening the edges of the belt and the boot heels will make a huge difference. Are the squares on your belt painted on, or attached pieces? I cannot tell from the photograph.

I suggest that you could upgrade to a less glossy under shirt for an even better look. Right now your shirt looks like spandex, which doesn't quite go with the more natural fabric of the robes. A cotton fabric would probably be a better choice.

I know exactly what you mean about the photographer not catching details... I've had that problem many times! I hate when I see the pictures and discover that my hair was messed up, or a costume piece was wrong, and nobody told me about it. Of course, that's nothing new for me... I wanted to smack my wedding photograhper when he didn't bother to tell me that I was standing on the bottom hem of my dress! :roll:

Newlyweds.jpg

Pam

Guest Anonymous

The undershirt was one I had and is velvet. I went hunting for a cotton turtleneck but completely failed in finding one (it's summer over here now - NOT turtleneck weather!)

The belt decals are aluminium scored to make the quarter design then glued/wired to the belt (the wires run in the scored channels to give more of a 3d effect)

I have now blackened the belt edges and painted the boot heels so that looks a lot better. Had the first trial run yesterday for a MS promotion - Very hot and definately need a better quality wig. (also bought some better glue for the headpiece gem as it fell off on me, contact cement doesn't cut it obviously, glad I used wire on the belt decals as well as the glue or they would have been off too!)

Pics to come shortly :-)