• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Costa Rica Nihilus Final

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello again my friends.. :D .. I hope that everthig are going fine there!,

I will put my final work in my nihilus proyect..

i hope that you like it..

i will be wait our post!

Thanks!..

\\-Darth_Zxian-// TI-6758

TIE Fighter Pilot

Outpost Costa Rica- 501st

nihilus3.jpg

nihilus4.jpg

nihilus5.jpg

nihilus6.jpg

nihilus7.jpg

nihilus8.jpg

nihilus9.jpg

Hello, Martin. I'm glad to see that you have made improvements to your mask and to the face cover under it. They look better now!

There are still a few things that you will need to fix before your costume will meet the 501st standards for the tattered Champions of the Force version of Darth Nihilus.

First, you need to correct the front of the hood/cape. There should be a large knot on the front. It is possible to take the fabric that is under your chin now, and add a piece of material over the top of it to create the look of a knot.

You can see the knot in these pictures:

DNs.jpg300px-DarthNihilus.jpg

Next, the long sleeves of your shirt need to have quilted lines in them, like the lines that are on Darth Vader's shirt. You can see the lines in the image above, where he is holding his arms out.

I cannot see the bottom of your "skirt"... is the bottom torn and tattered? I would suggest that you should add some more fabric to the skirt. It looks quite thin. If you look at the reference images, you will see that there is a LOT of fabric in the pair of skirts. They have many waves and wrinkles which can really flare around him as Nihilus moves. (I love saying that a Sith Lord wears a skirt! :-D)

You have made some good improvements to your costume. With a few more changes, you will be ready to become a Sith Lord!

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

At first: Your Nihilus looks awesome. The Dark Lord finally comes to the tropical islands. :D The costume is very good. I don't even recognize the details that Pam mentioned (but I'm not so thick with the Nihilus matter).

But there's one thing I wonder: On your third, sixth, and seventh picture I see some thing that could be a clip to attach the cloak. I don't see it on Pam's posted pictures. You should hide this (there's enough fabric for that ^^).

(I love saying that a Sith Lord wears a skirt! :-D)
That's no skirt. That's a karma ... oh, uhm .... wrong Republic-in-the-title-using Star Wars series, I guess. *g*

Guest Anonymous

Also from what I got on the 501st boards is that you can't use a Vader hilt. It says you cannot use a unaltered FX. That is why I had a custom saber built for me that is a Nihilus hilt.

also I agree the bottom of your needs to have that opening in the middle just like the reference pics that Pam posted. The bottom should be able to flare out not wrapped and looking thin at the bottom. And the hood part needs to be altered as well.

Here is a pic of my hilt. also I have the blade part and the hilt has red LED lights in it. i learned from my mistakes as I too bought the vader FX saber and found it it was wrong and so the saber company add some of my vader componets into the Nihilus hilt and now I have a vader FX shell.

nihilus2.jpg